Small acts of kindness will be making a big impact at Brock next week.
Organized by the Student Life and Success team and partners across campus, Random Acts of Kindness Week, which is also recognized as Kindness Week in Canada, takes place Monday, Feb. 12 to Friday, Feb. 16.
“Kindness can have a significant impact on our mental health and well-being, including reducing stress,” says Jenna Moorhead, the University’s Community Experience Co-ordinator. “Something as small as a smile or holding the door for someone can have a ripple effect, encouraging others to pay it forward and make our communities kinder for everyone.”
Students, faculty and staff are invited to participate in a variety of activities throughout the week to experience kindness themselves and share it with others. More information on Random Acts of Kindness Week at Brock can be found on ExperienceBU.
Activities planned for the week include:
- Monday, Feb. 12: A kindness challenge station inspired by Dungeons and Dragons in the Rankin Family Pavilion from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 13: A Random Acts of Kindness Day compliment giveaway in the Mackenzie Chown Complex A Block hallway from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 14: A station to write kind messages for posting around campus will be available near the Computer Commons and a free flower table set up in the Thistle Complex near TH 244 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 15: Free 10-minute mindfulness meditation sessions in MCA 241 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 16: A kindness card station located in the Thistle Complex hallway across from the BU4U Student Service Hub from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.