Dear students, staff and faculty members of the Brock University community,
Brock University is completing its first Equity Census and we need your participation.
The six-question, confidential survey will provide an important snapshot of the socio-demographic makeup of the Brock community.
Conducting an Equity Census is just one step towards fulfilling Brock’s commitment to “foster a culture of inclusivity, accessibility, reconciliation and decolonization,” one of the strategic priorities identified in the University’s Institutional Strategic Plan 2018-2025.
This short survey will take only two minutes to complete. Your participation will help promote inclusion at Brock by allowing us to gather more complete data about our people and track progress over time. In future, we will track this data at regular and/or ongoing intervals. This is how we measure change and build collective accountability.
Please check your Brock email for a link to the Equity Census, which will remain open until Monday, Oct. 9.
We recognize the need to commit to and demonstrate transparency and concrete action. As a step in this direction, we would like to share the following initiatives that the Equity Census data will be used to support:
- Developing and implementing the Employee Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
- Developing Equity, Diversity and Inclusion efforts to enhance the Brock student experience.
- Gaining a better perspective of issues faced by Brock community members and identifying areas for improvement across campus.
- Identifying gaps in representation at all levels of the post-secondary institution.
- Collecting benchmark data to be used over time to track evolving demographics, inform future progress and offer insights into the makeup of Brock’s students, faculty and staff.
President and Vice-Chancellor