The start of Fall Term is always an important introduction to University life for thousands of post-secondary students.
Brock University’s 2021 Fall Term is unique, not only because of the COVID-19 health and safety measures that remain in place, but also because many second-year students will join first years in being introduced to Brock’s on-campus community for the first time.
The traditional Welcome Week, featuring orientation and welcome events organized by several departments across campus, is being extended throughout the month of September to become Welcome Weeks, with a full slate of online and in-person activities from Brock Student Services and the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU).
As events get underway in the coming days, a number of specific measures are being put into place to ensure the health, safety and well-being of Brock students and the wider community.
In-person Welcome Weeks events are only open to students who are fully vaccinated, or those who are partially vaccinated or exempt but who have had a negative rapid antigen test within 72 hours of coming to campus. This can be either a Brock-provided CDL rapid antigen test or a similar antigen test available from pharmacies.
New students attending Welcome Weeks events who are partially vaccinated or approved for an exemption can be reimbursed for the cost of antigen screening tests up to $75 per test from Tuesday, Sept. 7 until Monday, Sept. 13, when the Brock Rapid Antigen Screening program will be fully active.
Please note if you are seeking reimbursement, you:
- Must be attending orientation event(s)
- Must be partially vaccinated or approved for an exemption
- Must provide a copy of your receipt for antigen screening
- May only claim reimbursement for up to two antigen screening COVID-19 kits.
Further information on how to seek reimbursement will be provided next week.
Welcome Weeks including BUSU’s BadgerFest
- Kicks off Monday, Sept. 6
- Mix of in-person and virtual events
- In-person events require advance registration through ExperienceBU
- All outdoor in-person events are limited to 100 people per session
- Large open-air tents are being used as an alternative to indoor event venues
- Event plans and site layouts are designed to promote physical distancing
- Masks are mandatory for all indoor and outdoor events
- Screening and check-in will take place at the entrance to all in-person events using the Student Event Pass
- In-person events open to only those who are fully or partially vaccinated, or have received a Brock-approved exemption
- Students who are exempt or partially vaccinated must have a negative rapid antigen test result within 72 hours of coming to campus for Welcome Weeks events
- Visit brocku.ca/orientation and badgerfest.ca for more information and a full schedule