The Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic is seeking nominations for the role of staff representative on the Ombudsperson Joint Oversight Committee.
The Committee oversees the Ombudsperson Office, which provides an independent, impartial and confidential service to assist Brock students, staff and faculty members who have concerns regarding the application of University policies, procedures and practices. The Ombudsperson Office is jointly funded by Brock University, the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU) and the Graduate Students’ Association (GSA).
The Committee is chaired by Brock University’s Director, Human Rights and Equity and includes representatives from BUSU, the GSA and Brock faculty and staff.
The Committee’s responsibilities are to:
- Select the individual who will serve as the University Ombudsperson.
- Review the reports of the Ombudsperson.
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to the Ombudsperson in the performance of their functions.
- Respond to complaints relating to the Ombudsperson.
- Evaluate the performance of the Ombudsperson.
- Advise the President regarding termination of the Ombudsperson.
- Oversee planning and development of the Ombudsperson.
- Revise the terms of reference of the Ombudsperson at least every three years and approve any amendments.
Brock staff wishing to nominate themselves for the role of staff representative on the Ombudsperson Joint Oversight Committee are asked to email email@example.com with their name, a short summary of why they would like to join the Committee and what they think their experience would add to the group.
Nominations will close Friday, July 23 at 9 a.m. and will be reviewed by the Provost and the Committee Chair.
One staff member will be invited to join the Committee for up to two years.