More than 3,500 students will be joining the ranks of Brock University alumni during Spring Convocation this week. They will be welcomed with the help of a new Alumni Association video to be shown during the graduation ceremonies.
Brock’s office of Development and Alumni Relations worked together with the Marketing and Communications department to produce the video that introduces new graduates to the Brock University Alumni Association.
The video features clips shot on campus, in the community and in the workplaces of several high-profile alumni. Those featured talk about how graduates from Brock are entitled to benefits such as discounts on services, credit cards and insurance. They also benefit from the continued use of on-campus services, including as access to the Walker Complex, the library and Career Services.
“We want graduates to know that their time at Brock doesn’t end today and they can take advantage of being a Brock Alumni every day for the rest of their life,” said Shelley Huxley, Director, Alumni and Donor Relations
Featured in the video are the following alumni:
- Chris Phillips (BBA ’94), President, Brock University Alumni Association
Senior Advisor, Planning and Economic Development, City of Hamilton
- Tyronne Balthazaar (BBA ’97), Manager, International Recruitment Services, Brock University
- Brittany Gogo (BA ’06), Reporter, CHCH News
- Tonya Verbeek (B.RLS. ’00, BEd ’03, MEd ’06), Olympic Wrestler and Coach, Wrestling Canada
- Greg Plata (BSM ’08), Director, Content Creation, Traffik
- Kyle Dubas (BSM ’07), Assistant General Manager, Toronto Maple Leafs
- Joel Dembe (BSM ’07), Paralympian
- Rick Campanelli (BPhEd ’94), Canadiantelevision and radio personality