The digital displays network is a communications system that co-ordinates the content being displayed on TV monitors located in atriums, dining areas and other public spaces across campus.
The network is comprised of digital display monitors in multiple indoor high-traffic locations.
- Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts
- The Brock LINC in the Rankin Family Pavilion
- Goodman School of Business Atrium
- Guernsey Market
- Thistle corridors
- Walker Complex
- Hungry Badger food court
- And others
The network is designed so that content for various locations is split between global, Brock-wide information (transit schedules, upcoming events, campus-wide announcements, etc.) and content that is specific to each area or unit (upcoming events, area- or department-specific promotions, etc.).
Managing location-specific content is to be done by designated staff in each respective area, whereas the campus-wide portion of content is overseen by Marketing and Communications.
A number of slots are available for promoting events or news across the entire network. This is referred to as network-wide or global content. Eligible slides should convey a message that is of interest to all Brock students, faculty or staff. Space is limited, so event-based slides will be displayed for up to one week leading up to the event, schedule permitting. Use the Request for Digital Services form to submit a message for global publication on the network.
During major events at Brock (Convocation, Welcome Week, Fall Preview Day, Spring Open House, etc.), a dedicated slide deck will be designed by Marketing and Communications to be shown across the display network. Please contact us to discuss messaging during these times.
Templates and specs
Default screen template
Default screen components
- Exact dimensions are 1920×1080 pixels at 72 dpi.
- JPG or PNG images are supported.
- Download the template: JPG | Photoshop
- Avoid placing text inside protected areas of the template.
- The text overlays are optional and can be ignored if your slide does not require them.
- Maximum of 15 active slides in the carousel (e.g., if you have 20 slides, only the top 15 will show).
Images for ExperienceBU events are managed directly from the ExperienceBU website. The following specs are not mandatory, but following them will ensure that your event photos look their best when shown on our displays.
- MP4 video files can be uploaded to the media library (the video must be less than 50 MB).
- To use a YouTube video, copy and paste the video ID or the video URL in the Video ID or URL field of the options screen.
- Video must have a 16/9 aspect ratio.
- Files uploaded to the media library can be no larger than 50 MB.
- Images must be smaller than 1.5 MB.