Hey future Badgers!
First of all, I hope you are loving this warm(ish) spring day! Mallory the weather woman says to hold tight, as the beautiful and warmer spring like weather is just around the corner!
I thought I would take the time to fill you in on a couple important dates to mark on your calendars! Keep an eye on this link as the date for registration will be posted shortly. On this website you can also click the link to register for SMART START ! By now, I hope that you’ve heard of what Smart Start has to offer first year students! If not, here’s the a quick list of everything that you’ll accomplish when you come to Brock for Smart Start:
- Register for your courses
This is when students can finalize their class timetable with Academic Advisors and one-on-one assistance!
- Meet other first-year students
Students can build a Brock support system before September! You get to meet other students who will be in your program, along with various professors and advisors!
- Receive information about financing your education
If you’re at all worried about finances, there are various financial aid advisors available to help students prepare for University!
- Tour our beautiful campus
Visit numerous campus hotspots, including our award-winning residences! This will be very enlightening for our future badgers because they would have already applied to residence by JUNE 2nd.
- Learn about academic success options
Participate in seminars outlining ways to succeed in post-secondary education. I remember being so nervous because I didn’t know how to write a proper paper in University or what my learning style was. Now, this comes with practice, but these seminars will be a great fist step for students!
- Familiarize yourself with the Brock community
Learn tips and tricks from current Brock students about making a smooth transition to university life. The more you come, the more you’ll love it! Even if you’ve already checked out the campus, seeing it one more time is always a good idea! We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your time here at Brock! So come check it out and ask any questions along the way!
- Take your photo for your Brock Card….. I hope it’s a good hair day!!
In my opinion, Smart Start is an amazing opportunity to actually experience what a full day is like at Brock. It’s a great way to meet new friends, faculty and to enjoy our beautiful campus! You don’t want to miss it!! Smart Start is taking place June 23, 2014 — August 8, 2014… so be sure to register!
Some more key dates include:
– June 2nd – which is the Residence Application Deadline! I always encourage students to fill out the application thoroughly as this will influence your room placement, roommate and/or bathroom accommodations. So be sure to pay close attention to the details, and be honest!
– Sunday August 31st – Residence Move-In Day – Student, August 31st is the day that you begin your next chapter with us here at Brock! We are so excited to have you here with us! So get your packing tape ready and happy packing!
Mark up your calenders!!Until next time future Badgers!