Last Thursday, June 14, the grade four class from Cardinal Newman Elementary School made their way to Brock University to sell Lemonade. Thepurpose of the whole event was to teach kids marketing and business skills through selling lemonade. The class was incredibly excited competitiveand surely learned a lot throughout the whole event. To learn more click here.
The Goodman School of Business and Erie Mutual Insurance have announced that they have made a new partnership through BioLinc. In the spirit of collaboration and innovation BioLinc is very excited to announce this new partnership with the insurance company which has been based out of Niagara for almost 150 years. To read more about our newest community partner click here.
Olivia Poulin, a long time BioLinc entrepreneur was chosen from a talented group of students and young professionals in Canada to be the country’s ‘CEO for One Month’. Olivia is currently studying Business Administration at Brock University, Goodman School of Business. Olivia has spent multiple years growing her business out of BioLinc, managing to win multiple awards in the meantime. We are very proud of Olivia, and encourage her to continue being ambitious and reach for the moon. To learn more about her recent award click here.
Upcoming BioLinc Events
COMMUNITY Entrepreneurship EVENTS
iHub’s App Development Camp
Date: August 6-10, 2018
Time: 9:00AM – 2:00PM
Location: Niagara Falls Public Library, 4848 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls.
Cost: $100, register here.
Founded by two DSBN students, AppCamp is a student-run program that promotes coding concepts, languages, interactions and the development of apps using iOS Swift Playgrounds. Students that register for this camp will get introduced to computer programming through Swift Playgrounds through accelerated lessons on Commands, Functions, Operators, Boolean Logic and many other topics. Once students have mastered these skills, they will be guided through the process of creating their own App! (Note: iPads are provided for the camp but students are welcome to bring their own if they’re more comfortable).
Innovate Niagara’s Introduction to Leadership
Date: September 28 and October 5, 2018.
Location: Brock University, Cairns Building, Room 207.
Cost: $100.00, register here.
Introduction to Leadership is for entrepreneurs who are first time leaders . They might have lead teams in the past but want to become aware of different leadership styles and approaches, so they can more effectively lead their teams.
You will learn the top leadership skills that help make entrepreneurs successful and become aware of the different leadership behaviours that will affect your team. You will also use these insights to create interview questions for perspective partners as you build your leadership team.
Goodman students captured the top-prize School of the Year award in Ottawa on Sunday, Jan. 8 at the JDCC case competition, which is central Canada’s largest undergraduate business school competition with 700 students from 12 institutions in Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes.
Lead by former biolinc member, deborah rosati award winner, and team captain Dan Giddings, Goodman JDCC was able to take down the former 7-time champions Wilfred Laurier.
Read the full story of their success here.
Goodman JDCC Facebook’s page.
- Brock Teaches the Business of Lemonade to Future Entrepreneurs (June 12, 2017)
- Scholarship Turns Students into Full-time Entrepreneurs (May 9, 2017)
- Brock’s Makerspace brewing interest at downtown café (June 12, 2017)
- BioLinc Mentor & Brock Alumni Dr. Pelino raises awareness of Inuit Culture (August 22, 2017)
- BioLinc Entrepreneur Honoured as a Top Entrepreneur (November 7, 2017)
- Five players helping Canadian companies achieve homegrown success (October 31, 2016)
- The Young Entrepreneurs of Downtown St. Catharines (September 27, 2016)
- Student Entrpreneurs Bring Home the Bacon (September 19, 2016)
- What Entrepreneurial Millennials Can Teach Us About Success (July 5, 2016)
- Coldblock Technologies Transforms the Sample Preparation Technology in the Conservative Mining Industry to the Next Level (June 16, 2016)
- Deborah E. Rosati Award winners getting down to buisness this summer (May 5, 2016)
- B.I.S.E.P wins Blueprint Competition (April 1, 2016)
- Niagara youth encouraged to create jobs (March 20, 2016)
- Survey puts Brock at #4 in Canada for future entrepreneurship (February 14, 2016)
- Top 10 Universities In Canada For Future Entrepreneurs (February 9, 2016)
- Dragons return to judge Monster Pitch (December 3, 2015)
- Brock students, alumni place third at Masters of Code hackathon (December 1, 2015)
- Brock and Niagara College host young entrepreneurs (November 5, 2015)
- Welland Ranks in Top 10 Places to do Business (November 3, 2015)
- ColdBlock Technologies Revolutionizes the Sample Digestion Process in the Mining Industry (August 20, 2015)
- Something good happening in Niagara (July 30, 2015)
- Innovation Tour: Niagara startup scene showing signs of ‘maturation’ (July 30, 2015)
- Networking breakfast highlights healthcare’s potential in Niagara (June 29, 2015)
- Brock bullish on fast-growing Goodman School (May 25, 2015)
- MBA skills put to work on real work problems (April 21, 2015) Goodman School of Business Consulting Group, located in BioLinc, featured in the Globe and Mail
- Ontario gives $10-million to expand the Goodman School of Business (April 24, 2015)
- Shark Tank’s Lori Greiner Reveals Her Secrets to Entrepreneurial Success (April 8, 2015)
- Goodman grad, student wins top honors at Blueprint (April 1, 2015)
- Brock BSA gets national recognition at Canadian Association of Business Students annual roundtable (March 17, 2015)
- Ontario Centres of Excellence does a spot on BioLinc’s Kickstarting Entrepreneurship program (March 17, 2015)
- Niagara College Launches New Entrepreneurship Hub (February 4, 2015)
- PlayMakers hosts charity event to raise money for youth soccer league (The Brock Press, October 29, 2014)
- “Go Badgers, go Badgers, go!” (The Brock Press, October 29, 2014)
- Brock receives close to $200,000 to kick-start youth entrepreneurship in Niagara (The Brock News, September 22, 2014)
- Brock grads have something brewing with coffee business (The Brock News, August 21, 2014)
- “Brock students among the top 10 at the 2014 IDeA provincial competition” (The Brock News, July 4, 2014)
- “Brock researchers, company, develop technology for mineral analysis” (The Brock News, March 24, 2014)
- “Goodman students leave impression on Monster Pitch judges” (The Brock News, March 4, 2014)
- “Goodman student Harrison Olajos places first in Brock Nicol Competition” (The Brock News, March 3, 2014)
- “Blueprint finalists set to make their pitch” (The Brock News, February 27, 2014)
- “Innovation Hub creates unique learning opportunity” (The Brock News, February 27, 2014)
- “Five Teams Compete in the Finals of the Nicol Competition at Brock University” (The Brock News, February 14, 2014)
- “Faculty fosters future EdTech innovators” (The Brock News, February 7, 2014)
- “Monster Pitch: Pitch your big idea” (The Brock News, January 14, 2014)
- “EXTENDED – Blueprint for Graduate Students” (The Brock News, January 7, 2014)
- The Brock News (December 12, 2013)
“NextGen program graduates 24 future municipal leaders”
- The Brock News (December 5th, 2013)
“Accessibility contest ripe for Brock entries”
- The Brock News (December 2nd, 2013)
“Goodman School of Business is the first in Ontario to get CPA accreditation at the Master’s level“
- The Brock News (October 11th, 2013)
“A look inside the Cairns containtment lab”
- Entrepreneurship at Ontario Universities (October 7th, 2013)
- CHCH News – “Entrepreunership Report”
Council of Ontario Universities – PDF Report, Article
- Bullet News Niagara (September 21st, 2013)
“Brock ‘BioLinc’ business incubator launches”
- The Brock News (September 13th, 2013)
“BioLinc is in Business: Bioscience incubator at Brock University ready to accept first tenants”
- The St. Catharines Standard (September 12th, 2013)
“Brock researcher builds cancer prediction tool”
- The St. Catharines Standard (September 12th, 2013)
“Commerce meets biosciences at Brock’s BioLinc”
- News Around Campus (September 11th, 2013)
“Changing the ecnomoy: BioLinc incubator gets down to work”
- The Brock News (September 6th, 2013)
“Brock chemist receives highest academic honour”
- The Brock News (September 4th, 2013)
“Brock, McMaster researchers on team that made cancer prediction breakthrough”
- Business Link Media Group (August, 2013)
“BioLinc: Connecting scientific discovery with business opportunity”
- The Brock News (August 8th, 2013)
“Minister of Research and Innovation visits Brock”
- The St. Catharines Standard (July 23rd, 2013)
“Bizzline: Bioscience meets business“
- The Spec (July 15, 2013) The Brock News
“Biosciences incubator set to get rolling at Brock University”The Brock News (July 15, 2013)
“Chemist takes silicones in green direction”
- The Brock News (June 10, 2013)
“Student launches green business with help from BioLinc”
- The St.Catharines Standard (April 30, 2013)
“nGen rebranded as Innovate Niagara”
- The Brock News (April 8, 2013)
“Brock Researcher Named Innovator of the Year”
- Innovate Niagara (Feb. 21, 2013)
“Waterloo Accelerator Program Inc Partners with Innovate Niagara to Bring Award-Winning Accelerator Program to Start-ups in Niagara Region”
- The Brock News (Feb. 13, 2013)
“Brock signs deal with drug development and commercialization centre”
- The Brock News (Feb. 1, 2013)
“Brock Alumni gets University’s help to launch green business”