Have questions? Check out our list of Frequently Asked Questions.

I am thinking about applying to Brock, where can I get more information about your undergraduate programs?

In the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences we offer nine undergraduate programs that cover a wide range of topics.

Visit each of our five department pages to find the academic path that interests you.

How do I find out if I meet the requirements to apply to a specific undergraduate program?

 Program descriptions, requirements, expected cut-off averages and career options for all of our undergraduate programs can be found on Brock University programs page.

I am thinking about applying to graduate studies at Brock, where can I get more information about your programs and deadlines?

The Faculty of Applied Health Sciences offers five graduate programs with a variety of fields of interest. Program descriptions, requirements and application deadlines for all of our graduate programs can be found on our faculty Graduate Studies page.

I accepted my offer to Brock, what’s next?

First, congratulations, we can’t wait to meet you!

Making the transition to university can be overwhelming — that’s why we’re here to help.

The Discover Brock University webpage has information on how to maximize your Brock experience, and prepare for the transition to university life, even before Orientation Week.

We offer three unique transition programs — Smart Start, LEAP and BaseCamp to help you get started.

I’m starting at Brock in September what do I need to know?

There are a number of steps you need to take before your first day of classes in September. Get a head start by finding out how to activate your student portal, get your student ID card and register for courses.

We offer three unique transition programs — Smart Start, LEAP and BaseCamp to help you get started.

Sometimes I feel like Brock has its own language, terms and definitions. How do I learn what all of these mean and if they are relevant to me? 

We agree, sometimes it can feel like you are learning a new language. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the following terms, especially prior to registration to help you learn the language of Brock.

I, or someone I care about is in crisis, what should I do?

 If this is an emergency, call 911 or Campus Security, by dialing, 905-688-5550, then 1, then the extension below:

  •     Extension 3200 (crisis)
  •     Extension 4300 (non-crisis)

Other concerns? You are not alone. There are many services and programs to meet your needs. For a complete list Student Wellness and Accessibility Services.

I’m not feeling well. What health services are available to me as a Brock student?

Student Health Services provides confidential primary health care, prevention programs, wellness education and strategic medical and academic partnerships promoting optimal health and university success.

Is there a quick and easy way to have all of Brock’s resources at my fingertips?

Yes, Brock Mobile lets Brock University students, staff, and faculty quickly access campus and local resources 24/7. Brock Mobile is your direct line to a safer, healthier Brock University.

Learn more about why you should download the app

How do I set up an appointment to meet my academic advisor?

Appointments are set up through the my.brocku.ca. Select the appointments option under the home menu and follow the prompts. Michelle Leone (recladvisor@brocku.ca) is the academic adviser for the Department of Recreation & Leisure Studies.

How do I apply to change my major?

All students are required to submit a Declare/Change major form to be considered for a change of major. The link to access the form can be found here.

What should I do if I will miss time at school due to illness?

Always communicate with your instructors. Refer to your course outline for their contact information. If you are going to miss an exam or deadline for an assignment or presentation you should also submit a student medical form. The link to access the form can be found here.

How do I know if I qualify for a student loan (OSAP)?

OSAP inquiries can be addressed by contacting central@brocku.ca or by visiting Brock Central (Registrar’s Office).

How do I select a concentration for my program?

Students may select one of three concentrations (community, outdoor or therapeutic recreation) for their 20.0 credit degree in Recreation & Leisure Studies. If you are in one of the concentrations and would like to change into an alternative concentration please contact Michelle Leone (recladvisor@brocku.ca)

I have questions about internships and placement opportunities in the recreation & leisure studies program.

The Experiential Learning Coordinator for the Department of Recreation & Leisure Studies program is Ty Bolibruck. Feel free to contact Ty by email at tbolibruck@brocku.ca.

Important Dates

Stay on schedule and be sure you don’t miss any deadlines

brock students

Recreation and Leisure Studies Calendar

Learn more about degree requirements and course information in the current Recreation and Leisure Studies Calendar.