Welcome to Orientation 2020!
Welcome Kinesiology and Physical Education students to Brock University!
Prepare for the next four years to challenge you in and outside of the classroom as you get the best education on human movement and physical literacy in the province!
On this page you will find key information about the program you will be studying at Brock, particularly the first year.
You will see testimonials from the Chair of the Department an anatomy instructor and several of your peer representatives in the Kinesiology Student Association (KSA). We are all excited to share our thoughts on why Kinesiology at Brock is exceptional. The students have also made suggestions for how you can succeed in the coming year(s).
This page includes key information on what you can expect and how to excel in your first year.
Orientation 2020 Presentation
Kinesiology Chair Welcome – Philip Sullivan
KSA President Welcome - Aaron Wexler
Shawn Beaudette - Welcome to Anatomy
KSA Welcome - Jayden Metade
KSA Welcome - Aqui Laidlaw
The Department of Kinesiology and Brock websites have a number of resources available to you. We recommend you take some time to familiarize yourself with these site below as well as the links and buttons in the left column as part of your self-guided orientation.
The Faculty of Applied Health Science (FAHS) Mentorship Program is a volunteer-based experience for students seeking a leadership role in the Brock community.
- Mentors will have an opportunity to network and create meaningful connections, which promotes personal and professional development and empowerment of the next generation of leaders.
- Mentees will gain leadership and communication skills through the guidance and support from upper-year students to aid in their academic, personal, and professional development.
The 2020/2021 Kinesiology/Physical-Education Branch team representatives are:
- Aaron Wexler, fourth-year Kinesiology student, Founder and President of the FAHS Mentorship Program and FAHS Student Association
- Larry Bucher, fourth-year Kinesiology student, Kinesiology Leader of the FAHS Mentorship Program and FAHS Association
- Kendel Hutcherson, fourth-year Kinesiology student and the Senior Branch Head of Kinesiology/Physical Education for the FAHS Mentorship Program and FAHS Student Association
- Jayden Metade, third-year Kinesiology student and Junior Branch Head of Kinesiology/Physical Education for the FAHS Mentorship Program and FAHS Student Association
- Tamar Kritzer, third-year Kinesiology student and Junior Branch Head of Kinesiology/Physical Education for the FAHS Mentorship Program and FAHS Student Association
If you are interested in joining this program, please fill out the google docs form so we can pair you with an upper-year mentor!
If you would like to stay updated with the Mentorship program and FAHS Student Association, please follow us on Instagram
If you have any questions about our program or how to get involved, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com
The Kinesiology Students’ Association (formerly Kinesiology Council) was founded in 2015 to bring a feeling of community and togetherness to the Department of Kinesiology at Brock.
The mission and vision of the KSA is to provide students with opportunities to enhance their academic, professional and social development. The Association does so by planning activities, conferences, and more for students of the department to attend in order to build connections and learn a little bit more about the outstanding opportunities Brock Kinesiology has to offer!
For more information on our upcoming virtual events and to stay connected, follow the Brock University Kinesiology Students Association on
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org