Professor, Health Sciences
Paul J. LeBlanc is a Professor in the Department of Health Sciences. Paul completed his Ph.D. at McMaster University and his undergraduate studies and M.Sc. at the University of Guelph. Paul’s research interests lie within musculoskeletal health and the role of the cellular membrane in mediating health and disease of muscle and bone. Paul has reviewed grants for various national and international funding agencies, including NSERC, CIHR, CFI, and Barth Syndrome Foundation.
- Membrane structure-protein function relationship
- Skeletal muscle metabolic and functional adaptation
- Role of phospholipids in mediating bone (osteoporosis) and muscle (muscular dystrophy) diseases.
- American Physiological Society
- Advanced Regulation of Fuel Metabolism
- Nutrition in Health Care
- Nutrition and Health
Masters and Doctoral thesis supervision
Volunteer and undergraduate thesis supervision