General admission requirements
- Admission consideration is primarily based on your most recent studies. However, we will review your overall academic record.
- Applicants who have completed a minimum of one full-time semester of university study with an overall average of 60% are eligible for admission consideration. Applicants must be in good academic standing at the previous institution.
- Some programs require higher admission averages. Therefore admission is not guaranteed by the attainment of the minimum requirements.
- Course prerequisites must be met at the Ontario senior secondary school level or completed as equivalent courses from degree, college degree, diploma or certificate programs. Brock University will make any final determination as to the equivalency of courses.
- You must meet English language proficiency requirements.
Second Degree and Certificate Admission Policy
Applicants to a second degree must meet prerequisite requirements for entry and have successfully completed a first degree with a minimum 65% admission average. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission for some limited enrolment programs. Transfer credit is limited to a maximum of 10.0 credits toward a 20 credit degree . Learn more about second degree regulations. Certificate programs that do not require post-secondary study have the same requirements as undergraduate degrees. Transfer credit is limited to 1.0 credit. Learn more about certificate programs.
General Transfer Credit Policy
Degree-level courses completed at an accredited Canadian university, or equivalent accredited institution as determined by Brock University, with a minimum grade of 60% will be recognized for transfer credit up to a maximum 15.0 credits toward a 20-credit degree, or 10.0 credits toward a 15-credit degree.
Co-op Transfer Credit Policy
In order to meet degree and co-op requirements, transfer credit is limited to 5.0 credits or the equivalent of one academic year. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada to complete the Co-op Political Science Public Administration concentration.
Concurrent Education Transfer Credit Policy
In order to meet degree requirements transfer is limited to 4.0 credits (one academic year equals 5.0 credits).
Goodman School of Business Transfer Credit Policy
Transfer credit will be granted for those courses completed within five years of beginning studies at Brock.