Transfer students are important contributors to the Brock University community, bringing a wealth of skills and experience with them from their previous institutions. We grant transfer credit at the point of admission, so in most cases you know what you’ll receive before accepting your offer.
University Transfer Credit Policy
Degree-level courses completed at an accredited Canadian university, or equivalent accredited institution as determined by Brock University will be recognized for transfer credit:
- Up to a maximum 15.0 credits toward a 4-Year 20.0 credit Honours degree.
- Up to 10.0 credits toward a 3-Year 15.0 credit Pass degree.
University Transfer Admission Guidelines
- Admission consideration is primarily based on your most recent university studies. However, we will review your overall academic record for extra evaluation purposes.
- You must disclose all academic studies on your application in order to be considered for transfer credit.
- Applicants who have completed a minimum of one full-time semester of university study with an overall average of 60% are eligible for admission consideration.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing at the previous institution.
- Course prerequisites must be met at the senior secondary school level for all domestic and international applicants. In some cases, prerequisites may be considered from post-secondary studies.
- Brock University will determine the course-to-course equivalents for the purpose of admission and transfer credit.
- You must meet English language proficiency requirements.
- Admission is not guaranteed by the attainment of the minimum requirements.
- Some programs may require higher admission averages.
In some cases, all transfer credits awarded may not fit into your Undergraduate program. Contact your program Academic Advisor to find out how your transfer credits may fit into your program plan.