For more than 50 years, Brock has been a leader in helping college students transition to a university education. We grant transfer credit at the point of admission, so in most cases you know what you’ll receive before accepting your offer.
College Transfer Credit Policy
|Entry Credential||Minimum Admission Average||Transfer Credit Awarded*|
|1-Year Certificate or 1 Year of a 2-Year Diploma||B||Assessed case by case|
|2-Year Diploma or 2 years of a 3-Year Diploma||B-||Up to 5.0 credits|
|3-Year Diploma||B-||Up to 7.5 credits|
|Degree Level Studies||C-||Assessed case by case; evaluated on a credit-for-credit basis.|
*College programs associated with a Brock articulation agreement may receive more credit. For details please visit our college pathways page. 4-Year Honours degrees are 20.0 credits. 3-Year Pass degrees are 15.0 credits.
College Transfer Admission Guidelines
- Admission consideration is primarily based on your most recent college studies. However, we will review your overall academic record for extra evaluation purposes.
- You must disclose all academic studies on your application in order to be considered for admission and transfer credit.
- Studies must have been completed in a College of Applied Arts and Technology (Ontario), or equivalent accredited institution as determined by Brock University.
- Studies completed at a private career college registered under the Ontario Private Career Colleges Act 2005 will not be used to determine admissibility or for the purpose of awarding of transfer credit.
- Course prerequisites must be met at the Grade 12 university-preparatory level (or equivalent) for all domestic and international applicants. In some cases, prerequisites may be considered from post-secondary studies. Additional documentation may be requested to determine prerequisite equivalency.
- Brock University will determine the course-to-course equivalents for the purpose of admission and transfer credit. Additional documentation may be required.
- Any review of transfer credit must be completed within one year of the date of admission.
- If English is not your first language, you must meet English language proficiency requirements.
- Admission is not guaranteed by the attainment of the minimum requirements.
In some cases, transfer credits awarded may not fit into your Undergraduate program. Contact your program Academic Advisor to find out how your transfer credits may fit into your program plan.