Applicants with extenuating circumstances may request a one-time deferral of admission to their offered program for a period of one year.
- Deferrals are available for September undergraduate program starts only.
- Deferral of enrollment will only be valid if you do not take any additional coursework (secondary or post-secondary) since your initial admissions decision.
- Applicants must have (1) accepted their offer of admission and (2) satisfied all conditions of their offer with no information or documents outstanding.
- A deferral of admission will include your Brock Entrance Award, where applicable.
- Once your request is submitted, we will review it and notify you of a decision within 10-15 business days.
- Deferral approvals are at Brock’s discretion and are not guaranteed.
- To learn how a deferral may impact residence options/residence deposit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not use this form if:
- you are a current undergraduate Brock student wishing to take a leave from studies. Please contact your Academic Advisor to discuss a leave from studies.
- You have extenuating circumstances and want to request a change of your entry point by one term. In this case, please email email@example.com.
- you are a student entering English as a Second Language (ESL) studies at Brock. If you are an ESL student and wish to change your entry point, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, student number and/or campus ID in your request.
Communicating a deferral decision
- Brock will communicate with you using the personal email address you provided on your original Brock application. Please check your email regularly.
- If you are an international student being represented by an agent, the student must complete the request and a decision will be communicated to the student’s personal email provided on the application and Agent Release of Information form.