The Strategic Transition for Accomplished and Recognized Students (STARS) program allows local high school students in the Niagara Region enrolled in a less than full-time load of six Grade 12 U or M courses to register concurrently in one credit at Brock University, free of charge (tuition and ancillary fees waived; studio and other course material fees may apply).
To be eligible for the STARS Program:
- Students must be on track to register in a sufficient number of Grade 12 U or M courses to complete the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), and should be entering their graduating year of studies (e.g., Gr. 12, Gr. 12 B)
- A minimum 90% average based on highest four Grade 11 and/or Grade 12 level credits completed
- Be recommended by their school, or for home-based learners, the main educator
- Students must have fulfilled any pre-requisites needed for the Brock undergraduate course(s) they are interested in taking
- Students must be local and studying the OSSD in the Niagara Region
- Students participating in the Faculty of Mathematics and Science Mentorship Program may also apply for STARS and take a Winter term course only
Documents and information needed to complete this form include:
- High school transcript showing grades 9, 10, 11, and any completed grade 12 courses
- Letter of recommendation from secondary school or main educator for home-based learners
- Provide the course code(s) of the Brock course you are interested in taking
Review the first year course choices by accessing the Undergraduate Program Calendar – 2022-2023 and Fall/Winter Timetable – 2022-2023 linked below. Selected course(s) must be at the first-year level, as signified by the number “1” in the course code. Be sure to review pre-requisite information for the course(s) you are interested in taking, as you will need to ensure you have completed the appropriate pre-requisite. The undergraduate program calendar may list courses not offered every calendar year. Should your first choice not be offered, you will be offered your second choice. Should your second choice not be offered, you will be contacted.
Ensuring there is no conflict between Grade 12 courses and any courses taken through the STARS program is the responsibility of the applicant. Be sure to consider the date, time, and delivery method of the course at Brock before making your selection. Date, time, and delivery method information for Fall and Winter courses will be released on June 1 and available for review by accessing the Fall/Winter Timetable – 2022-2023 link below.
Fall/Winter Timetable – 2022-2023 (available June 1)
Deadline and Next Steps
Thanks for your interest in applying for STARS. The application for the 2022-2023 year is now closed. The application for the 2023-2024 year will open in Spring 2023.
If you have any questions about the STARS program, visit our website or e-mail email@example.com.