All other international requirements

Brock University welcomes students from around the world, and encourages applications from a variety of academic backgrounds. There are special categories of admission that do not tend to fall into the traditional undergraduate category. These require further explanation.

Academic Transitions (ACT)

If you meet undergraduate academic admission requirements, but just miss our English language proficiency requirement, consider the Academic Transitions (ACT) program. This 14-week program allows you to study English while completing a credit course toward your undergraduate degree.

Learn more about the Academic Transitions (ACT).

Returning Brock Students

Welcome home! If you have previously attended Brock and left for a period of time, we’re glad to have you back.

Can’t get enough of us? If you wish to complete a second degree or certificate, fill out the application. Normally you must meet prerequisite requirements for entry to the degree or certificate, and have successfully completed your first degree with a minimum 65% average.

Learn more about second degree or certificate regulations

If you are a past or current Brock student and wish to apply for Nursing, you must apply via the 105D OUAC application. It opens in mid-September and closes in February.

You must meet the same admission requirements as new applicants. These include: English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry (minimum 75% in each). These can be Ontario Grade 12 4U-level, or degree-level credits. The minimum requirement for consideration is a 75% overall average on one year of degree-level study.

The Nursing program has extremely limited enrolment and admission is not guaranteed by attainment of the minimum requirements.

If you’ve attended another post-secondary institution and wish to pick up where you left off with your Brock degree, register for courses via your portal at If you can’t remember your Brock ID number, email

If you have interrupted your studies for more than one calendar year by not enrolling in at least 1.0 credit, you become subject to the calendar regulations in effect at the time or your re-registration.

To be considered for transfer credit from another institution:

  1. Have your previous institution send an official transcript to:
    Office of the Registrar, Admissions
    1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way,
    St. Catharines, ON, L2S 3A1
  2. Submit an email to indicating a transcript is being sent from XX institution. Include your full name and birthdate in the email.
  3. Upon request, submit an assessment payment of $25 (admissions will notify you if required).

Follow up with Transfer credit is not guaranteed and will only be considered if your overall average at your previous institution was at least 60%.

If you are returning from academic suspension, arrange to meet with an academic adviser in the Office of the Registrar. Book your appointment using your portal at If you can’t remember your Brock ID number, which is necessary to access your portal, contact

Language schools

Attending a language school in Canada? You must meet academic requirements based on the last institution attended, whether secondary school, college or university. Depending on the specific language school, we may recognize your language school credential for meeting English language proficiency requirements. Contact with questions.

Incoming letter of permission (LOP)

Contact your Registrar’s Office or refer to your university calendar for important policies and guidelines related to studying at another university. Entry to a specific course(s) may be subject to meeting prerequisite requirements, as well as space availability. LOP applicants are encouraged to consider, and be prepared to register, in an alternate course(s) because entry to a specific course cannot be guaranteed. The application fee is non-refundable.

Applying for a letter of permission

Submit the application and have your home institution:

  • fax the LOP to Office of the Registrar, Admissions at 905-988-5488; or
  • send the LOP by regular mail to
    Office of the Registrar, Admissions
    1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
    St. Catharines, ON
    L2S 3A1; or
  • send the LOP electronically in PDF format to but only if your institution has an electronic LOP policy.

Once we are receive the LOP, you will be issued a Brock student ID number, which is required to register.