All students experience academic challenges-it’s a normal, natural part of the learning process. When you face challenges, let us know. We’re here to help.
- Free tutoring through the Tutor Registry for one-on-one support in a specific course. To make arrangements for a tutor, please contact Sandra Wong (email@example.com).
- Free academic supports (available through our partnership with A-Z Learning Services):
- Workshops (essay writing, time management, exam prep, etc).
- Drop in sessions for immediate feedback on writing and help with strategies for studying, problem solving, etc.
- One-on-one consultations for personal support with a Learning Skills Specialist
- Academic Zone online modules (essay writing, grammar, lab reports, and basic numeracy)
Aboriginal Student Services offers opportunities for cultural gatherings through bi-weekly luncheons, cultural teachings and the following workshops:
- Make Your Own Drum
- Moccasin making
Aboriginal Student Services also hosts the annual Aboriginal Achievement Awards Ceremony, where high achieving students are recognized for their academic achievements and for their leadership and contributions to their community both on and off campus (https://brocku.ca/safa/awards-and-bursaries/future-students/#Chancellors_Indigenous_Award)
Please visit the Brock University Aboriginal Student Services Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about scheduled workshops and events. (https://www.facebook.com/Brock-University-Aboriginal-Student-Services-829021663789542/)