Calling all Brock University grads: it’s time to come home
Published on September 13 2013
From Sept. 20 to 22, Brock University and the Brock University Students' Union (BUSU) will reach out to thousands of alumni, students, faculty and staff at Homecoming. This four-day celebration will focus on honouring Brock’s past and celebrating its future together with students, faculty and staff.
The alumni itinerary includes various on- and off-campus events including the Distinguished Alumni Luncheon, Brock Alumni Association Golf Tournament, Cameo Club, Champagne Reception, campus tours and more.
For more details on events and registration details, go to brocku.ca/homecoming
Itinerary of alumni events for Brock’s 2013 Homecoming
Friday, Sept. 20:
* Alumni Association Annual Golf Tournament: Beechwood Golf & Country Club (Niagara Falls), 11 a.m to 5:30 p.m.
* Brock Grape Stomp: Jubilee Court (Brock University) 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Join hundreds of Brock students as they stomp on grapes to celebrate the Niagara wine harvest.
* Alumni Pub Night: Mansion House (St. Catharines), 9 to 11 p.m.
Share your Brock memories over a pint and enjoy the music of The Glenridge Boys. Brock alumni get a complimentary drink ticket and appetizers.
Saturday, Sept. 21:
* Distinguished Alumni Luncheon: Pond Inlet (Brock University), 11:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
This award honours Brock graduates who have earned prominence because of their exceptional professional achievements and/or community service.
* Athletics Events: Athletics Field (Brock University), 1 to 4 p.m.
Cheer on the Badgers as they compete in Rubgy and soccer matches that afternoon. Isaac’s Bar & Grill will be hosting a field-side beer garden during the men’s and women’s soccer and rugby games.
* Reunions: Various locations and times (Brock University).
Hundreds of Brock graduates will attend various reunions around campus, from the Brock Cheerleaders to Quarry View and Lowenberger Residence Life Staff.
* Campus Tours: 1 to 3 p.m.
Tours of the Brock campus, Inniskillin Hall, and Special Collections will take place for all Homecoming guests.
* Cameo Club: Cairns Complex Mezzanine (Brock University), 4 to 5:30 p.m.
This is a 25-year anniversary induction ceremony recognizing the achievements of our alumni who are representing our University with distinction.
* Champagne Reception: Scotiabank Atrium, Cairns Complex (Brock University), 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
An opportunity for grads to mingle and reconnect with former classmates and faculty. Guests will enjoy complimentary champagne local farm-to-table appetizers.
* Educate your Senses (Wine in the Park): Mobile Culinary Theatre, Montebello Park (St. Catharines), 1 to 5 p.m.
Local winemakers, many of whom are Brock grads, will walk through various food and wine pairings. Visit niagarawinefestival.com for tickets
* Homecoming Concert: Isaacs Bar & Grill (Brock University), 6 to 9 p.m.
The Arkells live brought to you by the Brock University Students’ Union (BUSU). There are a limited number of tickets available to alumni and the general public.
Sunday, Sept. 22, 2013
* Winery Tour - Bringing the city to the vineyard: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bus leaves from Toronto and Burlington. Alumni will board a shuttle and explore acclaimed Niagara wineries, with fellow grads as their tour guides. The wineries include: Thirty Bench Winery (Winemaker: Emma Garner, BSc ’04), Hernder Estates Winery (Winemaker: Lydia Tomek, BSc ’04) and Henry of Pelham Winery. Visit brocku.ca/homecoming for details on pick up locations.
* Sunday Wine In The Park: Montebello Park (St. Catharines), 2 to 4:30 p.m.
Graduate winemakers from Brock's Cool Climate Oenology Viticulture Institute (CCOVI), and Niagara College's Teaching Winery will select wines from the Twenty Valley and Niagara-on-the-Lake regions to compete for the best wine and foods pairing.