- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
Open Access Publishing Fund
James A. Gibson Library
Open Access Publishing Fund
As an educational initiative to encourage open access publishing the Brock University Library established this funding opportunity in 2011-12. Open access resources are free, unrestricted, digital materials available to anyone via the Internet.
PLEASE NOTE: the 2014-15 Library Open Access Publishing Fund is now CLOSED
- Criteria for the Open Access Publishing Fund
Other sources of funding for article processing charges:
- Canadian Science Publishing -- NRC Research Press: Reduced fees of $1,500 per article as per a 2014-17 licence agreement with the Canadian Research Knowledge Network
- Royal Society of Chemistry -- Open Access vouchers are available to cover the cost of article processing fees. Contact Elizabeth Yates, Scholarly Communication Librarian, at email@example.com, to apply.Please include your name, the title of your article and the RSC journal in which it has been accepted.
The Library Open Access Publishing Fund has supported the publication of the following publications, which are freely available via the Brock Digital Repository and the publishers' websites:
Barron, C. C., Moore, J., Tsakiridis, T., Pickering, G., Tsiani, Evangelia. (2014). Inhibition of human lung cancer cell proliferation and survival by wine. Cancer Cell International. 14:6
Dwivedi, V.D. (2013). Interpreting quantifier scope ambiguity: evidence of heuristic first, algorithmic second processing. PLoS ONE 8(11): e81461. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0081461
Sanchez, A. L.; Canales, M.; Enriquez, L.; Bottazzi, M. E.; Zelaya, A. A.; Espinoza, V. E.; Fontecha, G. A. (2013). A research capacity strengthening project for infectious diseases in Honduras: experience and lessons learned. Global Health Action, (6), 21643 - http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/gha.v6i0.21643
Mondloch, C. J., Nelson, N.L., Horner, M. (2013). Asymmetries of influence: Differential effects of body postures on perceptions of emotional facial expressions. PLoS ONE 8(9): e73605. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0073605
Liu, J., Hay, J., Faught, B.E. (2013). The association of sleep disorder, obesity status and diabetes mellitus among U.S. adults - the NHANES 2009-2010 survey results. International Journal of Endocrinology (2013) Article ID 234129, 6 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/234129
(2012). Facing Aggression: Cues Differ for Female versus Male Faces. PLoS ONE, 7(1). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0030366
Liang, P. & Ahmed, M. (2012). Transposable elements are a significant contributor to tandem repeats in the human genome. Comparative and Functional Genomics, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/947089
Mia, A., Rab, M., Akter, T.(2012). Some Traveling Wave Solutions of KDV-Burgers Equation. International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, 6(22),1053-1060.
Ormerod, K., Rogasevskaia, T., Coorssn, J., Mercier, J. (2012). Cholesterol-Independent Effects of Methyl-β-Cyclodextrin on Chemical Synapses. PLoS ONE 7(5). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0036395
Pinault L., & Hunter, F. (2012). Larval habitat associations with human land uses, roads, rivers, and land cover for Anopheles albimanus, A. pseudopunctipennis, and A. punctimacula (Diptera: Culicidae) in coastal and highland Ecuador. Frontiers in Physiology, 3(59). doi: 10.3389/fphys.2012.00059