- Faculty and Staff
- Procurement Services
- Research Accounting
- Financial Accounting Tools
- Forms, Memos & Related Documents
- Finance Connect Newsletter
- Revenue & Expense Allocation Project
- University Financial Information
- Policies and Procedures
- Purchasing Policies & Procedures
- Personnel Reimbursement Policy and Procedures
- Cash and Investments Policies and Procedures
- Capital and Non-Capital Asset Policies and Procedures
- SAC Personal Reimbursement Disclosure
- Inservice (Additional Qualification-AQ)
- Teacher Education (PS)
- Miscellaneous Fees 2015
- Other Tuition & Program Related Fees
- Tax Certificates
- Request a Refund
Withdrawals and Refunds
Withdrawals and Refunds
Students are financially responsible for all fees incurred by course registration. Discontinuing attendance at classes, notification to the instructor, or stopping payment on a cheque does not constitute official withdrawal from a course.
Students are free to add or drop courses through the online registration system without financial penalty prior to the published drop date (see the appropriate registration guide for details). Dropped courses do not appear on the student transcript.
After the posted drop date, students may submit a course withdrawal form to the Office of the Registrar in order to discontinue registration in a course. Withdrawn courses appear on the student transcript, along with the date of withdrawal. The final date to withdraw from courses without academic penalty is posted in the appropriate registration guide.
If an inservice student withdraws from a course after the appropriate drop date, the applicable course tuition will be reversed, and a withdrawal charge, based upon the recorded date of withdrawal, will be applied:
- 2015-16 Fall/Winter InService Withdrawal Schedule
- 2015 Spring/Summer InService Withdrawal Schedule
- 2014-15 Fall/Winter Inservice Withdrawal Schedule
- 2014 Spring/Summer Inservice Withdrawal Schedule
- 2013-14 Fall/Winter Inservice Withdrawal Schedule
The Course Material/Online Support Fee is not refunded for courses withdrawn.
Please contact the Student Accounts Finance Office for information on course durations other than those listed above.
Students with a net credit on account after all pending changes have processed may request a refund cheque to be sent to the address on file. No refunds will be processed while changes are pending on a file, or during the add/drop period. In addition, no refunds are possible during any period that the registration system is closed to compile data for government reporting.
Please complete all fields on the online Refund Request form to obtain your refund cheque.
OSAP students, and students who have received scholarships, awards, or bursaries, should direct refund requests through the Student Awards and Financial Aid office, at http://www.brocku.ca/safa/contactus/how-to-request-a-refund . Changes in course load, and other factors, may affect student eligibility for OSAP, scholarship or bursary funding.
Visit the Office of the Registrar's forms page to request a course add or withdrawal after the appropriate drop date, or to request a backdated withdrawal or retroactive course add.