- About Us
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Map Library
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Data Research Service
- Ask the Library
- Finding Books & Articles
- Borrowing from the Library
- Advanced Research
- Writing & Citing
- Tech Help
Library Access for Alumni
James A. Gibson Library
Library Access for Alumni
Alumni are eligible for borrowing privileges at the James A. Gibson Library at no charge, with the following conditions:
- Maximum borrowing limit of up to 15 items at one time
- 2-week loan period
- 1 consecutive renewal of each item (providing it has not been requested by another user)
- Reserve material is not available
- Overdue fines of 50 cents per day per item apply
- Overdue recall fines of $2.00 per day apply
More Information: View the library's complete Borrowing policies.
In order to apply for borrowing privileges, please bring your alumni card (which may be obtained at the Office of Alumni Relations) to the Library's Circulation Services Desk for activation.
Access to Electronic Resources
Access from home to most of the Library's online resources is restricted to current Brock students, faculty and staff according to the licence agreements which govern the use of these resources. However, the Library is pleased to provide free alumni access to selected resources. A complete list of these resources is available online.
Additional resources: View a list of other useful resources freely available on the web.
Alumni must apply online in order to access the Library's electronic resources
Alumni registration for access to electronic resources
Alumni can register for Interlibrary Loan/RACER privileges. Registration is available through Brock's RACER interlibrary loan management system. Alumni cards need to be activated at the Library's Circulation Services Desk. Alumni are responsible for all charges imposed by the lending library. These charges may include lending, photocopying, copyright, shipping, or brokerage fees, and must be paid when items are picked up. Due to copyright and licence restrictions, alumni are not eligible for document delivery of journal articles or photocopies of chapters from books. Contact Interlibrary Loan staff for further information.
More Information: View the Library's complete Interlibrary Loan policies.
If you have further questions, please consult our Alumni FAQ or contact the Help Desk at 905-688-5550 ext.3233.