- About Us
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Map Library
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Data Research Service
- Ask the Library
- Finding Books & Articles
- Borrowing from the Library
- Advanced Research
- Writing & Citing
- Tech Help
James A. Gibson Library
Brock's interlibrary loan management system allows registered users to search for items in all Ontario university and worldwide libraries using a single search interface, and to conveniently place borrowing requests for items not found in the Brock Library Catalogue.
This virtual union catalogue is named RACER (Rapid Access to Collections by Electronic Requesting).
Brock faculty, staff and students must pre-register to use the service.
If you have forgotten your PIN, please come to the James A. Gibson Library Circulation Services Desk. To update RACER contact information e.g. email account please sign into RACER, click on Account Details, Edit, make changes, click on Save and Sign out.
Print and microform interlibrary loan materials borrowed on behalf of Brock users are signed out using the Brock Library circulation system. Users are able to track the due dates of these materials using the “My Library Account” service. These materials are subject to recall notices and overdue fees outlined on our Interlibrary Loan Fees web site.
When registering as a first time user It is recommended to insert your Brock email address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org instead of a personal email addresses when completing the RACER registration form as all notifications for the arrival of materials, post to web deliveries, cancelations, recall notices, messages, etc. are automatically sent to this email address. RACER users are responsible for reading and responding to these email messages.
RACER / Interlibrary Loan Post to Web service provides e-mail delivery of articles and book chapters directly to user's computer. Important things to know about electronic delivery:
- Users will place requests in exactly the same way as before – through RACER.
- The Library will send a separate e-mail message for each requested document as they become available.
- You will need Adobe PDF reader to view documents via the download links.
- Each email message will include a link to the requested document that will expire after 5 views or 21 days – whichever comes first.
- Lending institutions may not grant permission to deliver documents electronically. These documents requested by faculty and staff will be printed and sent to home departments through Brock intercampus mail. Also, in these cases students will be instructed to come to the Library’s Circulation Services Desk to pick up these documents.
Please contact Interlibrary Loan at 905-688-5550, ext.3235 or send an e-mail to email@example.com for further information.