- About Us
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Finding Books & Articles
- Borrowing from the Library
- Advanced Research
- Suggestion Box Responses
- Writing & Citing
- Tech Help
GIS Training Resources
James A. Gibson Library
GIS Training Resources
A variety of resources for learning Geographic Information Systems (GIS), specifically ArcGIS and Google Earth Pro are available to the Brock community.
For beginners: "Getting Started with ArcGIS (version 10.1)"(1 module, 4 hours)
Learn new features in ArcGIS 10: "Using ArcMap in ArcGIS 10"(1 module, 3 hours)
In-depth learning opportunity: "Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 10)" (24 hours, 8 modules)
ESRI Virtual Campus: Members of the Brock community are eligible to enroll in an on-line course, free-of-charge. A number of options are available for all levels of user. Follow these steps to begin:
- Register for an ESRI Global Account (first-time users).
- Select from the site license Course List or use the Course Recommendation wizard to determine a module that's perfect for you (Note: Instructor-lead courses are offered at a reduced fee for site license users).
- Send the name of the chosen course to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Brock e-mail account. You will receive an email with instructions for proceeding with your course registration.
Brock University Map Library: Hands-on workshops and step-by-step tutorials are offered by Map Library staff that introduce users to the fundamentals of ArcGIS.
Intro to ArcGIS - self-guided tutorial with data