Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
St. Catharines firefighters responded briefly to the Thistle Complex in Brock's main campus around 11 am Saturday (March 1) after a smouldering blanket set off a fire alarm.
The blanket, on a shelf in the prop room of the Dramatic Arts department, had come into contact with an incandescent lightbulb.
There were no flames and no damage, except to the blanket. The commotion temporarily disrupted some nearby mid-term exams, otherwise the incident had no effect on University operations.