A-Z Learning Services respects the professionalism and discipline-specific knowledge of graduate students and offers programming tailored to the needs of these students. It is our mandate to guide students in the development and application of skills which support their efforts to meet the demands of graduate studies. Support is tailored to students’ needs with respect to discipline and scheduling, and may be accessed in a variety of formats:
· One-on-one consultations with a Learning Services Instructor
· Group workshops led by Learning Services Instructors
· Essay-Zone: the online interactive academic writing tool
A-Z Learning Services offers one-on-one consultations with a Learning Services Instructor.
· Are student-directed (direction and focus of consultations are based on student request and student need)
· Guide students to identify and assess their current understanding of and their strategies for writing
· Use structures and form to help students organize and manage information without limiting creativity
· Include limited close editing (maximum one page), upon request, with student to increase student self-efficacy
· Emphasize ways to develop ideas
To book a consultation, please email email@example.com or call ext. 5774 and state that you are a Graduate Student.
All graduate workshops are led by Learning Services Instructors and provide opportunities for discussion, practice, and exploration of various topics such as:
· Literature Reviews
· Persuasive Writing
· Advanced Critical Thinking
· Précis or Abstracts
· Advanced Revising and Editing
· Documentation (e.g., APA, ASA, MLA, Chicago)
· Advanced Grammar and Style
· Scientific Writing
· Poster Presentations
· Conference Etiquette
· A topic of your choice
View and register for scheduled workshops from the Graduate Academic Professional Development Program Calendar
Four or more graduate students may order graduate group workshops tailored to their particular needs and scheduled at times convenient for the group.
To book and Order-A-Workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 5774.
Essay-Zone is an online interactive tool designed to help students with their academic writing. Graduate students can have access to this resource in consultation with a Learning Services Instructor. To gain access to Essay-Zone, please email email@example.com or call ext. 5774. An online demo is available at academic-zone.com.
This Project was made possible by a grant from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
Graduate Students & Staff