Resources and Training
Human Rights and Equity Services provides brochures on a number of topics that provide our community members with advice, tips, and resources. Please feel free to download any of the following resources and/or contact us for copies.
- Human Rights and Equity Services – Office Brochure
- Preventing Hate Crimes at Brock
- Bullies On Campus
- Bullies at Work: Reducing Workplace Harassment
- Preventing Online Harassment
- Sexual Assault: Prevention and Response
- Positive Space Campaign Brochure
- Trans Info: A resource for student, staff and faculty who identify as trans, gender variant and/or questioning and their allies
Human Rights and Equity Services maintains a small resource library with resources that can be accessed by members of the Brock community, including books and DVDs. Resources may be borrowed at no charge by signing them out at the office. Please see the lists below for a full listing of the office resources.
Human Rights and Equity Services provides training for many groups and departments on campus. Training for staff and faculty is regularly provided through partnerships with Human Resources and the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Educational Technologies (CTLET). Please see the Focus on Learning website and CTLET website for current workshop listings. During the academic year, we also provide training and events for students – please see our homepage for current event listings.
We also provide customized training upon request for groups and departments in our community on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Creating and Maintaining a Respectful Work and Learning Environment
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Conflict Resolution
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Managing Diversity in the Classroom and Workplace
- Understanding and Preventing Human Rights Based Harassment and Discrimination
- Online and Computer Safety
- Change Management
- Workplace Etiquette
If you are interested in arranging training for your group or department, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5657 to discuss your training needs.