The Office of Human Rights and Equity Services is proud to be part of Brock’s university-wide commitment to provide facilities, programs and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- Accessibility at Brock website (http://brocku.ca/accessibility) provides information on policies and practices under way at Brock
- The Office of Human Rights and Equity Services encourages all its staff to become aware of accessibility and stay up-to-date on accessibility practices and services.
Feedback is important (http://brocku.ca/accessibility/provide-feedback)— Brock invites comments and suggestions to assist the University in enhancing all areas of accessibility for faculty, staff, students and visitors.
The Office of Human Rights and Equity Services does not offer drop- in service, therefore all individuals seeking advice or assistance need to arrange an appointment in advance by contacting 905-688-5550 ext. 5657 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. If there is a service disruption that affects a previously arranged appointment, staff from the Office of Human Rights and Equity Services will contact you directly by email or phone to reschedule the appointment. For information about University disruptions please visit http://www.brocku.ca/facilities-management.
Getting to the Office of Human Rights and Equity Services
The Office of Human Rights and Equity Services is located at 1101A Schmon Tower. (see map: http://www.brocku.ca/facilitiesmgmt/CAMPUS-MAP-LRG.html)
Arriving by Taxi or Public Transit
- Arriving by taxi or public transit to the main entrance at Schmon Tower
- Once through the main entrance, head straight to the tower elevators, and proceed to the 11th floor.
- Exiting the elevators, turn left, then left again, turn right at the end of the hallway and then left again.
- OHRES is at the end of the hallway.
Arriving by car
- Enter the Brock Campus from Glenridge Avenue, exiting the traffic circle onto University Road East
- Accessible pay and display parking is provided in E LOT (see map for parking lot information: http://www.brocku.ca/facilitiesmgmt/CAMPUS-MAP-LRG.html)
- Accessible permit parking is provide in A LOT • From A LOT - Head North (towards campus) and turn left on the walkway along University Road East. Turn right at Isaac Brock Blvd. East, and head towards the Schmon Tower. Enter the tower at the main entrance, and take the elevators to the 11th floor.
- From E LOT - Head West (towards campus) and turn left on the walkway along University Road East. Cross University Road East at the crosswalk, and continue West on the walkway between the Mackenzie Chown complex and the The Cairns' Family Health and Bioscience Research Complex. Turn right at Isaac Brock Blvd. East, and head towards the Schmon Tower. Enter the tower at the main entrance, and take the elevators to the 11th floor.
The closest accessible individual washroom (power-operated door) is available on the 4th Floor of the Schmon Tower directly across from the elevators. Additional accessible washrooms are located in the Schmon Tower Lobby directly in front of the elevators.
Support Persons & Service Animals
Service Animals are permitted. Support persons are permitted to attend any event, workshop, program or service provided by the Office of Human Rights and Equity Services. While most of our services are free of charge, however, where charges do apply, service persons will be admitted free of charge.
The Office of Human Rights and Equity Services strives to make all programs and services accessible to everyone. Should you require assistance or accommodation in order to access any of our programs or services, please contact us at 905-688-5550 ext. 5657.