Withdrawals and Refunds

Financial Services

Withdrawals and Refunds

Students are financially responsible for all fees incurred by course registration. Discontinuing attendance at classes, notification to the instructor or stopping payment on a cheque does not constitute official withdrawal from a course.

Course Withdrawals
After the posted drop date, students may submit a course withdrawal form to the Office of the Registrar in order to discontinue registration in a course. Withdrawn courses appear on the student transcript, along with the date of withdrawal. The final date to withdraw from courses without academic penalty is posted in the appropriate registration guide.

Tuition Adjustments

If a Teacher Education student withdraws from a course after the appropriate drop date, the applicable course tuition will be reversed, and a withdrawal charge, based upon the recorded date of withdrawal, will be applied.  Please consult the following schedules for the credit percentages by date for each session and duration of course:

Course Drops
Students are free to add or drop courses through the online registration system without financial penalty (unless all courses are dropped-see below) while the system is open (see the appropriate registration guide for details). Dropped courses do not appear on the student transcript.
Students who drop all courses between the start of term date and the drop date will be charged a full drop fee calculated at $100 per credit dropped to a maximum of $500.  This also applies to students who may be granted back dated drops through the Registrar's office/Dean's office.


Withdrawal Schedules by Session

2015 Spring/Summer

2014-15 Fall/Winter

2014 Spring/Summer

2013-2014 Fall/Winter


Students who withdraw from all courses after the appropriate drop date must contact the Student Accounts Finance Office to ensure the complete withdrawal is processed correctly. 

Please contact the Student Accounts Finance Office for information on course durations other than those listed in the above schedules. 


Refund Requests

Students with a net credit on account after all pending changes have processed may request a refund cheque to be sent to the address on file. No refunds will be processed while changes are pending on a file, or during the add/drop period. In addition, no refunds are possible during any period that the registration system is closed to compile data for government reporting.
Please complete all fields on the online Refund Request form to obtain your refund cheque.
OSAP students, and students who have received scholarships, awards, or bursaries, should direct refund requests through the Student Awards and Financial Aid office, at http://www.brocku.ca/safa/contactus/how-to-request-a-refund . Changes in course load, and other factors, may affect student eligibility for OSAP, scholarship or bursary funding.




Student looking out window