Withdrawals and Refunds

Financial Services

Withdrawals and Refunds

Students are financially responsible for all fees incurred by course registration. Discontinuing attendance at classes, notification to the instructor, or stopping payment on a cheque does not constitute official withdrawal from a course.
Course Drops
Students are free to add or drop courses through the online registration system without financial penalty prior to the published drop date (see the appropriate registration guide for details). Dropped courses do not appear on the student transcript.
Course Withdrawals
After the posted drop date, students may submit a course withdrawal form to the Office of the Registrar in order to discontinue registration in a course. Withdrawn courses appear on the student transcript, along with the date of withdrawal. The final date to withdraw from courses without academic penalty is posted in the appropriate registration guide.
Tuition Adjustments

If an inservice student withdraws from a course after the appropriate drop date, the applicable course tuition will be reversed, and a withdrawal charge, based upon the recorded date of withdrawal, will be applied:


The Course Material/Online Support Fee is not refunded for courses withdrawn.

Please contact the Student Accounts Finance Office for information on course durations other than those listed above.


 Refund Requests

Students with a net credit on account after all pending changes have processed may request a refund cheque to be sent to the address on file. No refunds will be processed while changes are pending on a file, or during the add/drop period. In addition, no refunds are possible during any period that the registration system is closed to compile data for government reporting.


Please complete all fields on the online Refund Request form to obtain your refund cheque.



OSAP students, and students who have received scholarships, awards, or bursaries, should direct refund requests through the Student Awards and Financial Aid office, at http://www.brocku.ca/safa/contactus/how-to-request-a-refund . Changes in course load, and other factors, may affect student eligibility for OSAP, scholarship or bursary funding.


Schmon Tower

Visit the Office of the Registrar's forms page to request a course add or withdrawal after the appropriate drop date, or to request a backdated withdrawal or retroactive course add.