- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- Maps, Data & GIS (formerly Map Library)
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
Welcome to Refworks
James A. Gibson Library
Welcome to Refworks
** Please Note: **
After careful consideration, Brock University has decided to end its RefWorks subscription.
If you have a RefWorks account, you will need to migrate your citations to another tool before June 1, 2015. The Library will be offering support for current users during the transition period.
For more information on the transition and suggestions for citation management, please visit http://researchguides.library.brocku.ca/refworks
or contact Justine Cotton firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic citation manager that allows you to save and organize citations of journal articles, books, web sites and other sources. RefWorks automatically generates a bibliography or reference list in over 200 styles including commonly used styles like APA and MLA.
This service is freely available to all Brock students, staff and faculty and is accessible both on and off campus.
You will need to sign up for an individual account the first time you use RefWorks. Once you are in RefWorks, click on Sign up for an Individual Account (you will need to register with your Brock Email account).
Note: As of January 1 2014, it will not be possible to create new accounts.
Where do I find the Group Code?
When you register for your RefWorks account, you will receive an email with your username, password and Group Code. Keep this email. You will require the Group Code if you are using RefWorks or the Write-N-Cite plug-in from off-campus.
I don't have my confirmation email anymore. How do I get the Group Code?
Go to the RefWorks login page and click on the 'forgot your login?' link. Enter the email address that you used to create your RefWorks account and click 'submit'. A new email with the Group Code will be sent to you.
- RefWorks 2.0 Guide (from Scholars Portal)
- RefWorks 2.0 Fundamentals Tutorial
- Watch this video to get an overview of RefWorks 2.0
- Use the Quick Start Guide (PDF format)
- Help with Importing from Online Data Vendors
- Visit us at the Help Desk in the Library
Please use this form to submit any questions you may have about RefWorks, or to request a workshop.