- About Us
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Overview
- Maps, Data & GIS (formerly Map Library)
Food and Drink Policy
James A. Gibson Library
Food and Drink Policy
In the interest of providing a comfortable and positive learning atmosphere for our users, the James A. Gibson Library and Matheson Learning Commons allow for the consumption of food and non-alcoholic beverages in most areas. To maximize the continuing value of our collections, equipment, furnishings, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Allowable areas: At the computers; study tables; chairs; study carrels; group study rooms, Classroom B; Consultation Room; Learning Centre; Career Resource Centre.
- Non-allowable areas: Special Collections and Archives; Classroom A (beverages only).
- Non-allowable items: Hot food and open drinks. Deliveries of food are prohibited. Authorized deliveries for sponsored events are not subject to this policy.
- Please dispose of trash in the refuse baskets or recycling bins.
Please report spills and/or waste issues to staff. Anyone who does not respect this policy will be asked to dispose of the non-allowable food or beverages or to leave the building.
Thank you very much for your cooperation in maintaining our facility and in reducing litter.