- About Us
- Borrowing Policies
- Computer Access Policy
- Food and Drink
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Guidelines
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Equipment for Loan
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access and Borrowing Privileges
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Left Unattended
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Geospatial Data Request Form
- Where is the MDGL?
- Geospatial Data Services
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- GIS Day
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
Welcome to the Library!
James A. Gibson Library
Welcome to the Library!
Whether you're looking for information electronically or in person, we have tremendous variety and depth in our collections and expertise to help you succeed in your academic endeavours.
While many users will explore the wealth of content available via our journal database subscriptions and our local print and electronic holdings, I encourage you to dig deeper:
- Browse our unique collections in Special Collections and Archives on the 10th floor of the Library, or among the vast collections contained electronically in our Digital Repository.
- Navigate our physical and digitized maps and geodata collections in the Map, Data and GIS Library.
- Discover the Liaison Librarian for your academic area(s) and develop a partnership that can help you find the resources you need for your research, assignment, class, or project.
- Participate in our nascent Digital Scholarship Lab, an initiative that will be the start of a collaborative enterprise between library technologists, staff, and librarians with researchers and scholars from across campus.
- Ask the Library - virtually via our chat service, or in person - to benefit from our extremely knowledgeable and friendly service staff.
- Visit the James A. Gibson Library and the Matheson Learning Commons to use our physical resources, services, and tools, our wide variety of collaborative and quiet study spaces, and to experience our fantastic views of the Niagara Escarpment from the Library's upper floors!
- Learn about the Library's vision, missions, and values, and read our strategic plan (PDF) to see where we're going.
This is your library, and we're committed to your success. Please let us know how we're doing, and what we can do to help.
August 1, 2015
Jonathan T. Younker, Interim University Librarian