- Co-Op Home
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Why Brock Co-op?
- The Recruitment Process
- How to Hire a Co-op Student
- On campus Employers
- Build Your Presence on Campus
- Incentives and Tax Credits
- Managing a Co-op Assignment
- Graduate Co-op Programs
- Undergraduate Co-op Programs
- Salary Survey
- Co-op Student of the Year Award
- Search Jobs
- Contact Us
Ranking Hiring Process: Key Dates
Ranking Hiring Process: Key Dates
(Honours Bachelor of Accounting ONLY)- January Work Term ONLY
Confidentiality of the Rankings Process
Rankings must remain confidential. To maintain the integrity of the Ranking Process it is imperative that no discussions take place with candidates regarding ranking decisions and that no offers are made directly to candidates before receiving confirmation from the Brock University Co-op Programs Office regarding the status of the rankings. Students have been informed that they must not accept offers before the rankings process is complete.
What is the Ranking Process?
- The Ranking Recruitment Process is only used for the recruitment of Brock Accounting Co-op students looking for a January work term. For all other work terms, we follow an on-going continuous hiring model: Post…Interview…Hire following your own timeline.
- By utilizing ranking input from both employers and students, the Ranking Process is designed to quickly and efficiently maximize employer / student matches.
- POST JOBS: September 1, 2015 - October 9, 2015
Option 1. Log into https://careerzone.brocku.ca to submit your job posting directly to our job board. If you are a new user please register under Employer Account Registration.
Option 2. Email your posting to email@example.com and we will post it for you. One of our Relationship Managers will follow up with you promptly.
- INTERVIEWS: September 1, 2015 - October 15, 2015
To accommodate students’ academic obligations and to minimize their absence from class, on-campus interviews are encouraged. At the student’s discretion and availability, arrangements can be made to accommodate interviews at the employer's facility. Telephone and video interviews can also be arranged.
- EMPLOYER RANKING DECISIONS DUE: October 16, 2015
Submit them to your CareerZone account. In CareerZone, click Co-op and then click Rank and Match.
- MATCH RESULTS: October 20, 2015
A firm must be prepared to employ any student that has successfully been matched to the firm’s ranking selections. This is true for every position for which a firm has submitted a ranking form.
FIRMS WHO DO NOT SECURE A STUDENT DURING THE
RANKINGS PROCESS MOVE FORWARD TO OUR CONTINUOUS
HIRING RECRUITMENT MODEL STARTING OCTOBER 20, 2015
Continuous Hiring - January (after rankings) / May / September work term
- After the Rankings process has concluded (in October), the BAcc program follows an on-going Continuous Hiring recruitment model. Firms looking to hire May or September students also follow the Continuous Hiring model (no rankings).
- During the Continous Hiring cycle, simply connect with the co-op office to express your interest in hiring a student. A Relationship Manager will work closely with you to help you find the student that best matches your needs.
- Once a decision to hire a student has been made, please inform the co-op office of your decision so that we can present the offer to the student. If you prefer to make an offer directly to the student, please inform us of the offer and whether the student accepts or declines.
- It is customary that 48 hours is provided for the student to make a final decision on any offer.
- For more information on continuouse hiring please visit The Recruitment Process under Employers.
For assistance, please contact us at 905-688-5550 ext. 4325, or firstname.lastname@example.org