Resources and Publications
Service-Learning at Brock
Resources and Publications
The following links and resources that will help you grow your service-learning practive whether you are in the early stages of learning, participating in a service-learning experience, or fine-tuning an experience you already provide.
General Overview of Service-Learning:
- Canadian Alliance for Community Service-Learning (CACSL). This national association's vision is students, educators and communities learning and working together to strenghten individuals and society. Find great resources, join the email list, and network nationally.
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse (NSLC). The NSLC supports the service-learning community in higher education, kindergarten through grade twelve, community-based organizations, tribal programs, and all others interested in strengthening schools and communities using service-learning. Search resources, access librarians who assist with searches if needed, and join e-mail discussion lists
- Campus Compact. Campus Compact is a national coalition of more than 1,100 college and university presidents who are committed to fulfilling the civic purposes of higher education. Excellent resources are available here include course syllabi and highly recommended supports in the "Bookstore".
Community Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH). CCPH is a nonprofit membership organization that takes a holistic view of health and promotes health equity and social justice through partnerships between communities and academic institutions. Access resources, learn about projects in the US and Canada and join e-mail discussion lists.
- National Youth Leadership Council (NYLC). For 30 years the NYLC has transformed classrooms, empowered teachers, and captivated students by leading the way in providing high quality, dynamic, service-learning content to school districts, classrooms, out-of-school youth programs and everything in between. Great resources are available here.
- Tamarack: An Institute for Community Engagement. This charity develops and supports learning communities that help people collaborate and to co-generate knowledge that solves complex community challenges. Resources are available on a variety of forms of community engagement.
- Canadian Alliance for Community Service-Learning - Reflection Tools for Students
- Campus Compact - Service-Learning: Using Structured Reflection to Enhance Learning from Service
- National Service-Learning Clearninghouse - Reflection in Higher Education Service-Learning
If you have resources you would like to share, please forward them to us.