- About Us
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- 2015 GIS Day
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Management Overview
- The Business of Scholarly Publishing
James A. Gibson Library
Writing a Literature Review:
- Academic Writing: Review of Literature (Writer's Handbook, Univ. Wisconsin, Madison)
A very brief description of the structure of a literature review is provided. Bulleted lists for the Introduction, Body and Conclusion are provided. The site does not offer assistance for the searching or writing process.
- The Literature Review: A Few Tips On Conducting It (Univ. Toronto)
Focuses on what elements must be contained in a literature review, then provides questions you should ask to make a more effective document. Very concise, but useful.
Writing a Literature Review for Psychology:
- Psychology Writing Center Handouts: Literature Reviews
A detailed analysis of the various steps in preparing and writing a review for psychology is provided. Includes discussions on selecting articles, how to read them critically and the writing process. (PDF format)
Writing a Literature Review for Kinesiology or Sports Sciences:
- How to Write a Literature Review (sportsci.org)
Focuses on critical skills involved in evaluating the quality of a published work, including the interpretation of statistical information and significance of a study's findings. The site provides a large amount of text, but offers information specific to health and sports sciences.
Writing about Journal Articles:
- Critical Reviews of Journal Articles (Univ. Alberta)
Although not specifically designed for literature review purposes, this site does offer assistance in evaluating a journal article. 15 questions are provided to help in this process.