- Co-op Home
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Accounting Co-op
- About Accounting Co-op
- How to Hire an Accounting Student
- Dates: Rankings vs Continuous Hiring
- Typical Work Term Sequence
- Accounting Co-op Salary Survey - 2013
- Accounting Student Resumes
- Contact Us
The Recruitment Process
The Recruitment Process
The Co-op Programs Office provides expert support and consulting services to employers looking to utilize university programs to assist in their hiring needs. Experienced Recruitment Professionals can help you identify the skills needed to meet your business needs, the program discipline(s) best suited to your organization and at the same time keep your recruitment costs to a minimum.
Sourcing Co-op Talent
Key Dates Connected with the Recruiting Process:
Fall Term: September-December
Send your job posting: May-June
Conduct Co-op interviews: June-July
Work term begins: Early September
Winter Term: January-April
Send your job posting: September-October
Conduct Co-op interviews: October-November
Work term begins: Early January
Spring Term: May-August
Send your job posting: January-February
Conduct Co-op interviews: February-March
Work term begins: Early May
2) Request. Complete the on-line job posting form. Alternatively, you may choose to fax 905-688-0631 or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) your position.
3) Review Candidates. (Candidates can be pre-screened upon request). Student applications can be made available to you via email, fax or courier.
4) Interview. After screening the resumes, select the candidates you wish to interview and contact us to arrange a date, time and location. Interviews may be conducted on campus at Brock, at your organization or via telephone. Co-op staff will organize interviews and forward schedules to you.
5) Select. After interviewing, select the candidate that best meets your needs. Job offers can be made through the Co-op Office immediately following the interview, with a student response within 48 hours. As Brock does not utilize a matching or ranking process, employers are able to extend offers of employment at anytime in the recruitment process to meet their immediate hiring needs.
Co-op Education Tax Credit Programs
Participating employers should be aware of the opportunities to receive funding assistance for hiring Brock Co-op students. Complete program details can be found here.
The Co-operative Education Tax Credit
When you hire a Brock Co-op student, you may be eligible to receive a tax credit. The Ontario Government's Co-operative Education Tax Credit will reimburse a business for 10-15% of eligible costs, up to $1000 per student.
Please note: The paid work term must be a minimum of 12 weeks of full time work, and each four month employment period will be considered a separate qualifying work term.
For Further Information Contact:
Ministry of Finance
Corporations Tax Branch, Tax Advisory
33 King Street West, Oshawa, Ontario
SR & ED Tax Credit
The Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program is a federal tax incentive program to encourage Canadian businesses of all sizes and in all sectors to conduct research and development (R&D) in Canada that will lead to new, improved, or technologically advanced products or processes. Claimants can apply for SR&ED investment tax credits for expenditures such as wages (including Co-op students' salaries), materials, machinery, equipment, some overhead, and SR&ED contracts.
For More Information: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/txcrdt/sred-rsde/bts-eng.html