Office of the Vice-President, Advancement
In August 2007 the portfolio of University Advancement was created to help enhance Brock’s strategic positioning and to advance its learning and research environment. This would help the University become a recognized leader in its sector, attract more top-calibre students, faculty and researchers, and secure the internal and external contributions needed to help propel the ambitious plans laid out in the University’s academic plan, Brock 2014.
David Petis, who had been Assistant Dean of Engineering at the University of Alberta, was appointed by Brock at that time to become our Vice-President, Advancement.
Petis in turn designed the structure of the new portfolio and recruited the highly motivated team that is in place:
- Development & Donor Relations, led by Peter McKinley, director of Development and Donor Relations
- Alumni Relations, led by Christine Jones, director of Alumni Relations
- Government Relations, led by Meaghan Rusnell, senior government relations officer
- Communications, led by Kevin Cavanagh, director of Communications and Public Affairs
- Marketing, led by an associate director of Marketing
- Digital and Web Marketing, led by Meron Hrycusko, associate director of Web Marketing Communications