- About Us
- Borrowing Policies
- Code of Conduct
- Collection Development Policy
- Computer Laptop Lending Policy
- Computer Access Policy
- Correspondence Policy
- Food and Drink Policy
- Guidelines for the Appropriate Use of Library Workstations
- Inclement Weather Policy
- Information Literacy/Library Research Skills Policy
- Photography & Filming Policy
- Privacy and Protection of Information
- Reserve Collection Policy
- Study and Work Space
- Collections Development Guidelines
- Equipment for Loan
- Interlibrary Loan Policies
- Library Access for the Local Community
- Library Donation Policy
- Personal Belongings Guidelines
- Strategic Plan
- Matheson Learning Commons
- Support the Library
- Open Access
- Digital Repository
- Maps, Data & GIS
- Maps, Geodata & GIS Collections
- Contact Us
- Services & Hours
- Geospatial Data Services
- Guides & How to...
- Historical Map Prints for Sale!
- ArcGIS at Brock
- Brock Campus Aerial Time Travel
- Special Collections and Archives
- Instructional Resource Centre
- Government and Legal Information
- Collections Overview
- Maps, Data & GIS (formerly Map Library)
Welcome to Refworks
James A. Gibson Library
Welcome to Refworks
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic citation manager that allows you to save and organize citations of journal articles, books, web sites and other sources. RefWorks automatically generates a bibliography or reference list in over 200 styles including commonly used styles like APA and MLA.
This service is freely available to all Brock students, staff and faculty and is accessible both on and off campus.
You will need to sign up for an individual account the first time you use RefWorks. Once you are in RefWorks, click on Sign up for an Individual Account (you will need to register with your Brock Email account).
Where do I find the Group Code?
When you register for your RefWorks account, you will receive an email with your username, password and Group Code. Keep this email. You will require the Group Code if you are using RefWorks or the Write-N-Cite plug-in from off-campus.
I don't have my confirmation email anymore. How do I get the Group Code?
Go to the RefWorks login page and click on the 'forgot your login?' link. Enter the email address that you used to create your RefWorks account and click 'submit'. A new email with the Group Code will be sent to you.
- RefWorks 2.0 Guide (from Scholars Portal)
- RefWorks 2.0 Fundamentals Tutorial
- Watch this video to get an overview of RefWorks 2.0
- Use the Quick Start Guide (PDF format)
- Help with Importing from Online Data Vendors
- Visit us at the Help Desk in the Library
Please use this form to submit any questions you may have about RefWorks, or to request a workshop.