Alcohol Free Areas
Residence has designated alcohol free areas in each residence building (e.g. floors, units, houses). Students living in these areas, including their guests and/or visitors, are not permitted to possess and/or consume alcohol in the designated alcohol free areas.
For 2012-2013 the alcohol free areas are as follows:
- Village: Court 12 - Bennett Broncos
- Lowenberger: 2nd Floor - Richardson Ravens
- Vallee: 4 & 5 Short Halls – Yeo Crusaders
- Earp: 3rd Floor – Sheaffe Titans
- DeCew: Stairwell 17/18 – Brant Bulldogs
- Quarry View: Block 3 – Locke Yellow Babboons (Units 18, 21, 60, 67 are NOT alcohol free)
If you have indicated on your residence application that you would like to live in an alcohol free area, we have done our best to accomodate this. We would like to note however, that students who have not made this request on their residence application have not been placed in an alcohol free area.
Note: Students who fail to comply with the Residence Community Guiding Principles surrounding the alcohol free area will be held accountable and liable to face sanctions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Department of Residences at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 688-5550 x3370
Residence students assist in the local community.
Students from the 2011-12 Community Service & Social Justice LLC help at a community Halloween event for children.