Events held during the Academic year 2014-2015
French Tour of Rodman Hall Exhibits / Visite en français des expos de Rodman Hall
Rodman Hall invite tous les francophones/philes à une visite en français de trois magnifiques expositions samedi 14 mars de 14:00 à 15:00 :
- CAROLYN WREN - The Bible Project
- MAGGIE GROAT - Impermanent Collections, Temporary Occupations, and Other Gatherings
- KELLY WALLACE - Within Range
Diaspora Inter-Crossings Speaker Series -
From the People's Forest to the No Man's-Land of the Urban Jungle: Ngunga's Adventure and Hollow City
Presntation by Stephen Henighan, Guelph University
March 12, 2015, 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
Learn More ...
Green Socks and Good Night Stars / Chaussures vertes et bonne nuit, les étoiles
February 9 - March 2, 2015 in the Studio Gallery at Rodman Hall
Read more: Brock News, Brock Press
Guest speaker André Abbe, Occitan journalist from France (written press, radio, television) currently touring North American universities will soon give a talk, in French, on minorities in French media.
Friday, October 24, 2015, 13:00/14:00 in PL410.
"November 2014 in French" at Brock
Congrès 2014 : activités culturelles en français
lundi 26 mai (12:30/13:30)
Visite guidée en français de l'exposition _A la source : l'eau dans l'art contemporain - Réflexions"
Tout public, gratuit
lundi 26 mai (16:30/17:30)
Academic South 203
Rencontre littéraire avec l'auteur franco-canadien Paul Savoie (Prix Trillium 2013)
Tout public, gratuit
- Visit our *new* website for Voix Plurielles, la Revue de l'Association des Professeur-e-s de Français des Universités et Collèges Canadiens.
- Tamara El-Hoss, Assistant Professor of French Studies, received the Faculty of Humanities Award for Excellence in Teaching at Convocation on June 11, 2010: www.brocku.ca/news/11814
- Astrid Heyer, Assistant Professor of French Studies, was presented with the Brock University Students’ Union’s inaugural Faculty of Humanities, Student Award for Teaching Excellence. Students who nominated Heyer commented that she “makes her classroom a safe place for students to experience mistakes by turning ‘corrections’ into ‘teaching moments’.” Also, “she knows every student by name and makes her lessons relevant to them.” One student, who considered Heyer the best professor she had had for two years running, decided to select French as her major.
- Cristina Santos, Associate Professor of Iberian and Latin American Studies, received a “Making a Difference” award from Brock’s Services for Students with Disabilities, which recognizes professors for their significant contributions to the academic life of students with disabilities. Students nominated the professors. “Without Prof. Santos, I would have given up and ‘made do’ with a poor listening environment, which is typically what happens for many of us who are deafened when we encounter barriers or resistance in terms of people’s attitudes,” said the student who nominated Santos. With Santos’ help, “I don’t miss much of what is said in graduate seminars. I can participate more fully in discussions and contribute with much less stress.”