This contest is now closed.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- One (1) grand prize is available to be won.
- The grand prize consists of a MacBook Pro valued at approximately $2,000.00 (Cdn).
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary.
- Enter only by using a mobile device capable of two-way standard text messaging.
- Enter as often as you like during the contest period; limited to two (2) entries per day.
- Each eligible entry entitles the entrant to one (1) ballot and qualifies the entrant to receive a second ballot in the contest after answering a second question asked through SMS messaging by the contest sponsor.
- Eligible entries are made via SMS messaging (using a mobile device capable of standard text messaging) by texting (to short-code 99899, 111222, or 505050) the keyword (i.e. either the word: "Agree" or "Disagree") seen in transit shelter advertising by the contest sponsor.
- When your first SMS message is received and validated by the contest sponsor, you'll receive an SMS message by reply, confirming receipt of your valid first ballot, and entitling you to earn a second ballot simply by sending an SMS reply with the word: "Brock"
- After you send your second valid reply with the word: "Brock" thereby entitling you to a second ballot, you will receive follow-up questions and information from time to time from the contest sponsor.
- The Contest commences Thursday, November 12, 2009 at 7:00 a.m. (EST) and closes at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on January 13, 2010 (the "Contest Period").
- The Contest is open only to full-time and part-time students attending an Ontario high school during the contest period.
- To be eligible to win the grand prize, an entrant must not be an employee or a member of the immediate family of or domiciled with an employee of Brock University ("the contest sponsor") or its representatives or agents.
DRAWING FOR GRAND PRIZE
- A random draw will be made on Friday, Jan. 15 at 1:00 p.m. (EST) at Brock University from among all eligible ballots received by the Contest Sponsor prior to 11:59 p.m. (EST) on January 13, 2010.
AWARDING GRAND PRIZE
- The potential grand prize winner will be notified by email within seven (7) days of the draw.
- Prize arrangements will be made directly with the grand prize winner – to be delivered to his/her home.
- In order to win and receive the grand prize, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question asked at the time that is mutually convenient to the contest sponsor and the eligible grand prize winner.
- The grand prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not convertible to cash.
- The odds of an entrant being selected depends upon the total of number eligible entries received.
- Brock University will not be responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- All entries submitted become the property of Brock University and no entry will be returned.
- No correspondence or communication will be entered into except with the selected entrant.
- By entering, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name and/or photograph in any publicity carried out by the contest sponsor without further compensation.
- Grand prize winner agrees that neither the Brock University nor its affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agencies will have any liability whatsoever for any injury, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the grand prize resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the grand prize.
- The unavailability of text messaging in all areas of Ontario is not the responsibility of the contest sponsor.
- The cost of text messaging is the responsibility of each entrant.
- The winner will be required to sign a declaration confirming compliance with the contest rules and a release in a form acceptable to the contest sponsor releasing Brock University, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agencies from any liability whatsoever.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- By entering the contest, entrants agreed to abide by these contest rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which are final.
If you have any questions, please contact Recruitment and Liaison Services, Brock University, at email@example.com