The following steps are taken in the disciplinary process.
- An incident report is filed with the Manager, Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- (If you need to report a breach of the Code of Conduct please contact Campus Security at ext. 4300)
- The accused student(s) are contacted and informed to come to the Student Development Centre (ST400) and view the report filed against them. This report is not to leave the Student Development Centre and is accessible for the student(s) to view at anytime leading up to their hearing. There will also be a letter which must be picked up that outlines the breach(es) of the Student Code of Conduct, a hearing time and date with the Disciplinary Panel. Also included in this package will be a copy of the Code and the disciplinary procedures.
- The Manager, Student Rights and Responsibilities reserves the right to hear any cases which he deems suitable for that process.
- The Disciplinary Panel meets regularly and is comprised of up to 15 students. The accused students will be able to respond to the incident report and provide any additional information. The panel may ask questions of the accused. The accused can bring witnesses or support people as long as the Manager, Student Rights and Responsibilities is notified 24 hours in advance. Legal counsel is not permitted at this stage.
- The panel will ask all people who are not on the panel to leave the room while they deliberate. The accused student will be told immediately of the decision once it has been reached. If the student is found responsible, they will also be notified of sanctions they must complete.
- After the hearing, the student will be notified in writing of any sanctions (if applicable) and associated deadlines, as well as the appeals process.