Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
Matheson Learning Commons/James A. Gibson Library
Users are welcome to take photographs or short videos for their personal use or for class assignments using hand-held cameras, without formal authorization, provided that staff and other users are not photographed or inconvenienced.
Still photography or filming for commercial purposes or by the news media must receive prior approval from the Learning Commons Manager or the Associate University Librarian, Services & Facilities, and adhere to the guidelines and procedures listed below. Requests should be submitted via the online Photography Request form, as far in advance as possible. The approved request form must be available to be presented to staff anytime during filming. Those who wish to make extensive use of photographic or film equipment, including lights, must also receive prior approval.
Access may be restricted during examination periods.
A staff member must be present if filming is scheduled when the building is closed.
Photographers within the building must:
1. not interfere with the study, research, privacy, or safety of users
2. not film in silent study areas
3. not violate any other policies, rules, or regulations
4. not hinder access to exits, stairways, corridors, etc.
5. create minimal disturbance to occupants
6. not ask any user to move
7. minimize any re-arrangement of furniture or materials and return all to their original locations
8. remember that staff members are not to be photographed when working.
Right to Terminate:
We reserve the right to terminate any still photography or filming that causes disturbance, violates policies or regulations, or endangers the health and safety of participants, users, and staff.
Contact the Learning Commons Manager or Associate University Librarian, Services & Facilities.
Donna Grant Deb Kalvee
Learning Commons Manager Associate University Librarian - Services
905-688-5550 ext.3924 905-688-5550 ext.3198
September 2010, revised July 2012