Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
My Library Account allows library users to see a list of items they have signed out, renew and place holds on items, view details of outstanding library fines, and update their contact information. This service is available to all registered library users who hold either a current Brock ID card, or a Community Borrower or Alumni library card.
Before using this service, library users must activate their library record by either asking staff at the Circulation Desk to do so or by signing out a library item.
To access My Library Account, click on the icon at the side or bottom of any library webpage. If you have difficulty, please consult our FAQ page.
Brock borrowers can renew material online using My Library Account or in person at the Circulation Desk. Library materials may not be renewed by phone. Borrowers whose privileges have been suspended may not renew material. Hourly reserve material, overdue material and material requested by another borrower cannot be renewed. Undergraduate students are allowed up to three renewals per item, provided the item has not been requested by another user. All other borrowers are permitted one renewal per item.
To renew materials online through My Library Account:
1. Login to My Library Account
2. You will see a link markeed <strong>Items currently checked out</strong> with the number of items you have checked out. Click the link to view the materials you have checked out.
3. Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes in the RENEW column
4. Click the button.
5. If you cannot renew items, a message will appear on the screen. If you are successful, a new due date will appear in the STATUS column. Always check the STATUS column for information on the success or failure of your renewal.
Check our Help with Renewals page for further assistance.
Placing Holds on Library Materials
If the item you locate in the Library Catalogue is already signed out by another user (there is a DUE date under STATUS), you may place a hold on the item. The item will be held for you when it is returned. Online holds cannot be placed on books with a STATUS of "In Library". Check with Circulation desk staff to place holds on these items if they are missing.
To place an online hold on an item through My Library Account:
1. Locate and display the full record for the item in the Library Catalogue.
2. Click on the button.
3. You will be prompted for your My Library Account information (Username and Password)
4. Click on "REQUEST SELECTED ITEM" gray button.
5. You will be informed that your request was successful.
6. Monitor the status of your hold by checking your My Library Account. You will be notified when the item has been returned and is ready for you to sign out.
7. The item will be held for you at the Circulation desk for 3 days once it has been returned.
NB: Note that a request for an item on Term Loan (extended loan period), will trigger a recall for the item to be returned immediately.