Published on Brock University (http://brocku.ca)
1) Sector and Job Title and Key duties:
· Sector: QSR (Quick Serve Retail) Industry
· Title: Associate Brand Manager
· Company: TDL Group Corp (Tim Hortons Inc.)
o Manage projects through the new product introduction value stream for Breakfast and Lunch categories
o Monitor effectiveness of national marketing programs and test markets by examining product sales and customer feedback
o Oversee catering program including strategy, signage, pricing and restaurant signup
2) Where is your hometown?
3) Why do you hire Brock students? What do you feel are some of the advantages of hiring Brock Co-op students? Advantages of Hiring Brock Co-op Students?
o Strong theatrical knowledge balanced with practical real-world experience
o Highly energetic, creative, innovative, motivated and enthusiastic students
o AACSB accredited curriculum – prestigious academic designation
o Exceptional Faculty – students taught by some of the best research professionals in the industry today
4) Advice to current co-op students?
Always Challenge Yourself: Continuously look for opportunities to improve your skills and capabilities by taking on projects outside of your comfort zone.
Network: don’t be shy, get to know others in your area of business as well as cross-functional teams.
Relationship Building: never underestimate the power of relationships in business. Co-workers are more apt to assist students with whom they have a good working relationship