Blueprint Finals 2013-2014
This year we had four finalist’s for the Blueprint Pitch Final Compeition. This year winners were (from left):
- Michael Medland of Medland Research and Innovation
- Dalton Steele, Ian Poulin and Nick Hollard of Food in a Box
- Kyle Rose of Golden Rose Enterprise
Each group competing had the oppurtunity to win start-up money, mentoring and resources. The judges decided on the distribution of their start-up money on the day – which amounted to almost $10,000.
The groups had the oppurtunity to pitch their business ideas to a group of professional judges which included:
- Don Cyr – Dean, Goodman School of Business
- Sam Baio - Founder of West49
- Angelo Nitsopoulos - COO Heart of Niagara Hotel
- Shannon Passero - Head Designer and Co-Founder Pure & Co., Pure Handknit, Neon Buddha
- Amy Elder - Director of Career Services
- Kelly Provost - Small Business Consultant & Manager at St. Catharines Enterprise Centre
The BLUEPRINT 2013/2014 Season - Closed for Applications, we look forward to your application next year!
Blueprint is a new and exciting program designed to give undergraduate, graduate students and alumni a chance to develop and grow their ideas and businesses.
Blueprint is a program run through Career Services, in collaboration with several departments at Brock University, and partners throughout the Niagara community.
Much more than a business competition, Blueprint is designed to create a unique opportunity for students by providing them with business advice, mentorship, and funding. Through the various events
, participants gain valuable insight on how to improve their businesses.