For over 80 years, Investors Group has held the philosophy that building long-term relationships with clients is the best way to help individuals reach their financial goals at each stage of their lives. Investors Group experts provide expertise and insight on a broad spectrum of topics; including, financial planning, strategic investment planning, mortgage strategies and investment management.
For the first time, Investors Group has partnered with Career Services to offer Brock students an opportunity to participate in mentorship opportunities with their organization. These opportunities will be of interest to students who are considering the financial services industry as a career option.
This unique mentorship program will offer students the opportunity to attend two informative mentoring sessions
Session #1 (Tuesday November 6, 2012, 2:30 - 3:30pm, Welch Hall 8J (bottom floor)
- Introduction to the role of a Financial Advisor
- Investor’s Group Introduction
- Certified Financial Advisor hiring process
- Client benefits
Session #2 (Wednesday November 21, 2012, 1:30 - 2:30pm, Welch Hall 209)
- Introduction to the role of a Financial Planner
- “The Plan”: An overview of how all aspects of a person’s finances are important to their planning process
- Commission-based salaries: What does working in a commission based environment mean?
- Career Story and The Golden Age of Financial Services
- Personality Assessment: Students will have the opportunity to participate in Investors Group’s “POP” assessment
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the mentoring events is available through CareerZone. Click on Career Services, Events and search for the event listing by date. Once you view the event details you will be able to register for the event.
Students who participate in both mentoring sessions will have an opportunity to apply for an internship position with Investor’s Group. Interns will be partnered with a Consultant or Senior Consultant in the St. Catharines office to gain a more in-depth perspective of the successes and challenges of working in the financial services industry. Students will spend time job shadowing the consultants who will expose them to day-to-day routines and operations. Students will also have the opportunity to be involved in client role play situations.
Interns will receive a stipend and can expect to spend approximately 10 hours with their consultants between January – March 2013.