- Searching our resources has just become easier. SuperSearch enables you to search for both books and articles in one easy-to-use system.
SuperSearch includes all items in the library catalogue and a significant number of our subscription databases. Rest assured that the library catalogue and individual subject databases will continue to be available.
We hope that you will explore SuperSearch and provide us with your feedback. Along with sending us your comments, you can also choose to enter your name in the SuperSearch Summer Draw for a $25 gift card to the Brock University Campus Store.
- Academic Search Premier has been renamed to Academic Search Complete.
- The small, individual study rooms on floors 8, 9 and 10 are now open to all on a drop-in basis. No sign up is required.
- Large mobile white boards are available in group study areas on floors 2, 6 and 7. White board markers are available for loan or sale at Circulation Services.
- You can connect your laptop to a LCD panel at a study table on floor 7.
- Students are now able to borrow DVDs, CDs and VHS tapes for 2 weeks with a maximum of 4 renewals.
- Students are able to place up to 4 renewals on 24- and 48-hour Reserve books.
- To make it easier to pay overdue fees, the overdue fees threshold (when borrowing privileges are suspended) is now $10 for students.
- For your convenience, you can now pay your fees by debit, Visa or MasterCard!
- Laptops now available overnight and weekends. Laptops signed out within four hours of closing, Monday – Thursday, will be due back one hour after the Library opens the next day. Laptops signed out within four hours of closing on Friday, will be due back one hour after the library opens on Monday.
- In addition to laptops, we have a lot of other technology available for loan at Circulation Services:
o A charger for your MacBook
o A USB memory card adapter
o A digital video camera
o Chargers for Blackberry, Android and iPhone
o A MAC video cable to connect to a LCD panel
o An electrical plug adapter
o Our mobile LCD panel which allows up to 4 laptops to be connected at once.
- Due to popular demand, scissors are available next to the copiers on the main floor.
- A small renovation project is underway. In September, 2 more group study rooms will be available, along with 8 quiet study carrels with electricity.
- The second entrance/exit at the Thistle corridor will open at 7:30 a.m. weekdays.
- Coming soon – Journal articles requested via RACER will be delivered directly to your desktop. You won’t have to come in to the Library to pick up your request.
- Coming soon - New Xerox copiers that allow you to scan to USB/email; colour copying (main floor).