The Community Peers program is back! Apply today!
Who are we looking for?
Student Life & Community Experience is recruiting current Brock University students who are passionate about volunteering, getting involved and leadership in the Niagara Region and at Brock. We are looking for students who are eager to maximize their potential, and develop important skills and meaningful experiences.
What does Community Peers offer?
- Meet new students, staff, and employers
- Gain critical leadership experience and an enhanced understanding of community building and civic engagement concepts
- Help others in the Niagara community
- Learn about event planning and logistical coordination
- Professional development workshops and training to improve your communication and public speaking
- Networking opportunities in the Brock and Niagara community
- Add experiences to Experience Plus and Volunteer Plus transcripts
- Employable skills and recognition for your experiences
What are the responsibilities of a Community Peer?
Brock University Community Peers will take on leadership roles at Student Life & Community Experience events and act as ambassadors of Brock University at volunteer positions in the Niagara community.
- Contribute 20 hours of volunteer service within the Brock and/or Niagara community at an organization of their choosing per term
- Take on leadership roles at Student Life & Community Experience events
- Gain exclusive access to events and opportunities
- Commit to the program for one academic year (October to April)
- Assist in organizing and implementing Community Peer events and projects
- Attend all meetings and mandatory events as required
How can I be a Community Peer?
Creatively incorporate 3 of the following questions in any format you would like (scrapbook, slideshow, poem, collage, etc). Just don't send us your resume- we're here to help you build it!
- What motivates you and why?
- How do you want to better yourself? Brock? The community? The world?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done and what did you learn from it?
- What are some of your special talents? How will you use them to benefit Community Peers?
- Why do you want to get involved?
- What is a quote that describes your leadership style and why?
In addition, please answer the following mandatory question: Why do you love Brock?
E-mail all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, program and year of study at Brock.
If you have any questions about the Community Peers, please contact us at email@example.com or 905-688-5550 extension 6321.
Student Community Outreach