The Community Peer program will be returning in September 2013!
**Stay tuned for more details**
Who are we looking for?
Student Life & Community Experience is recruiting current Brock University students who are passionate about volunteering in the Niagara Region and getting involved at Brock.
What’s does Community Peers offer?
- Meet new students, staff, and employers
- Gain critical leadership experience and an enhanced understanding of community building and civic engagement concepts
- Develop and improve your communication and public speaking skills
- Help others in the Niagara community
- Learn about event planning and logistical coordination
- Attend professional development workshops
- Networking opportunities in the Brock and Niagara community
- Add experiences to Experience Plus and Volunteer Plus transcripts
What are the responsibilities of a Community Peer?
Brock University Community Peers will take on leadership roles at Student Life & Community Experience events and act as ambassadors of Brock University at volunteer positions in the Niagara community.
- Contribute 4 hours of monthly volunteer service within the Brock and/or Niagara community at an organization of their choosing
- Take on a leadership role at Student Life & Community Experience events
- Assist with event promotion in various capacities
- Participate in various Student Life & Community Experience events, meetings, focus groups as schedule allows
- Commit to the program for one academic year (September to April)
How to apply to be a Brock University Community Peer
There are two componentsof the application which must be submitted in order to be considered for the Brock University Community Peer positions. We strongly encourage applicants to showcase their uniqueness through creative submission (e.g. video, slideshow, scrapbook, poem, collage, etc.). Applications will be accepted in September 2013.
In place of a formal application, Student Life & Community Experience is asking all interested candidates to submit answers to FOUR (4) of the questions below. We encourage applicants to exercise creativity when answering and when choosing a means of submitting their application.
· Tell us about your interest/passions
· What drives you?
· What change to you want to see in yourself? At Brock? In the community? In the world?
· Whats the craziest thing you have ever done?
· What has shaped you?
· Share your special talents with us
· Why do you want to be involved?
· How do you like to get things done?
· What was the best part of your summer?
· What has been your favorite Brock memory?
· What do you do for fun?
· Talk about a time you failed at something
- Please also include the following in your application:
· Your name
· Your program and year of study
· Why you want to be a Brock University Community Peer
Stay tuned for more information on the 2013-14 Application Process.
If you have any questions about Brock University Community Peers please contact us at email@example.com
or 905-688-5550 extension 5434.
Student Community Outreach